Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just joined the forum...So hi to everyone.

Does anyone know if a 9.5 kg rated Eibach spring will fit on a GSX-R 1000 K5 shock?

I plan to upgrade the internals of my GSX-R 1000 K5 suspension later in the year by installing a new piston kit and fork springs for my weight (232 lbs).

Also, I'm going to be rebuilding my rear shock.

I spoke to some people and they said that I should be careful when installing aftermarket springs on an OEM shock as the top and bottom diameter are not usually identical on OEM shocks.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Suspension

These two sizes is what I would recomend from Eibach for your bike 800.250.500, 800.250.550

If you are going to do anything to the rear buy a 04/05 GSXR 600/750 Showa shock it has a shim stack and tapered needle for the compression adjuster. The KYB shock that comes stock on your bike just has a high speed pop off valve that is worthless.

I change out the piston and shim stack and put a Eibach 550lb spring on them.

This is a before and after picture of what the shock looks like when I get done with it.

[/IMG]

There is only a couple parts inside those rear shocks

[/IMG]

This is what I am talking about on the compression adjusters between the showa and kyb shock the one on the right is the one you want.

[/IMG]

The shocks look the same side by side but they are different the KYB is on the top and the Showa is on the bottom.

[/IMG]

Add some rear ride height and you have a nice shock for under $500

[/IMG]

If you are just riding on the street I would put .925 springs in the front.

I have a few OEM spring laying around

This is what the insides of an 05 front fork look like.

[/IMG]

Later

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Suspension G.

Will the 750 shock bolt straight on?

I'll be installing the front piston kit myself. Can you give any pointers.

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.