Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

This is my first post on this forum. I'm looking at purchasing a 1996 GSXR750T and I was wondering if there is much difference between it and the models up to 1999 (V, W, X) aside from the FI in the W and X models?

I'd prefer a 2000 (Y) onwards model, but unfortunately, finances won't allow it at the moment.

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
Hey and welcome to the site.

Well basically, the first main obvious difference, the LOOKS! Ya, they look different of course. Others would be, of course weight, they shed some pounds each generation, and power, power is always bumped up. And i do believe, 96 and after, all the bikes are fuel injected and the ones before, carburated. 96-99 are the SRADs. Dunno what it stands for but i think it has to do something about being the first fuel injected gixxers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
96-99 are very similar, with the big exception being that in 98 they went to Fuel Injection.
SRAD stands for Suzuki Ram Air Direct.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
2000 was the first year that they made them injected, at least in the US

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Got2josh said:
2000 was the first year that they made them injected, at least in the US
No the 750's were fuel injected in 98, the 600's went fuel injected in 01.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback guys! I did a bit of research and it seems the injected SRADs (98, 99) are a tiny bit heavier than the carbed SRADs (96, 97), but are otherwise the same. Looks like I might be getting the '96 'T' model 750 - didn't feel too heavy (compared to my bro's '02 GSXR600K2) and had reasonable grunt.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Not much heavy to even sweat it at all.
swing arm is diffrent (cosmetically)
sprocket change- one up in the rear on 98/99 vs 96/97
98/99 has a diffrent flywheel set up (nothing to really be concerned about but its so that the 98-99 is lighter)
98-99 better midrange and overall power delivery than the 96-97
I would go 98-99 just due to the Fuel injection reasons.
airbox on 98/99 lil bigger than 96-97
Keep in mind most stuff interchangable but if your into details these would be some of the changes but not all of them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts