Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... 1st off I've had my HID kit in my bike for about 2yrs, I know hid is supposed to last longer than "normal" bulbs. Anyhow lately it has not been firing up, when it does its once in a blue moon. Is it possible for this HID kit to be bad due to the constant starting/shut off of my bike and a smaller battery?
Also I'm going to check eBay but I want links on where I can get good quality not expensive HID kits and a gel seat...
My last HID kit cost about $75 but I can't remeber where I purchased it from....

·
Registered
873 Posts
gel seat is $150 on ebay, you won't find it cheaper anywhere else trust me

cheapest Hid kit is $80 , single bulb , dual bulb is $150 , cheapest for ones that are quality but still cheap. I can't remember the site, when my package gets here ill post it

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gel seat is $150 on ebay, you won't find it cheaper anywhere else trust me

cheapest Hid kit is $80 , single bulb , dual bulb is $150 , cheapest for ones that are quality but still cheap. I can't remember the site, when my package gets here ill post it
I remeber I payed $75 for one but it was way back in 07 cant remeber.....

·
Registered
873 Posts
You should be getting numbers on the hid kit like 6000k , 8500k

get an 8500k for a light blueish white color , best one is 8500k

and the gel seats sell ALL day long for $150 , used they even go for $130 :p

i looked at the prices on them for months before buying mine

·
rotaredom
888,895,582 Posts
No shit... maybe I asked the question the wrong way... I mean to say what does it matter which one I have. My old one was a 8k 35w.....

Is 55w gonna be any better?
i know what you meant Aaron :lol:

cant help you a bit, i keep stock bulbs in my bike. to me its just more expensive stuff to replace when it breaks...imo

·
Registered
180 Posts
I buy those xenon bulb kits from ebay for like...$15 shipped lol. They work great, no problems or burnouts and they give the same color as the HID kits so its nice WHITE light, not yellow. Make a huge difference at night.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Since we're kind of on the whole gel-seat topic...just wondering for all you guys who use them-can you really tell the difference ?
Is it a hell of a lot more comfortable? worth the money?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Since we're kind of on the whole gel-seat topic...just wondering for all you guys who use them-can you really tell the difference ?
Is it a hell of a lot more comfortable? worth the money?
glad you asked becuase I was about to.

My ass be hurting after a good days ride on the stocker...

DO THEY WORK?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I don't have a gel seat but my buddy does on his sixxer. He actually likes the stock one better and was trying to get rid of the gel one. Instead of goin with the gel seat I think I'm just gonna get mine shaved down so it's more fit to my arse. Maybe even get some red stitching in it or something

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't have a gel seat but my buddy does on his sixxer. He actually likes the stock one better and was trying to get rid of the gel one. Instead of goin with the gel seat I think I'm just gonna get mine shaved down so it's more fit to my arse. Maybe even get some red stitching in it or something
Shaved down? Whatcha mean?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
They take the seat, remove the vinyl and shave off some of the foam for a different feel. You tell them how much you want taken off etc. They put the vinyl back on of course and then you're good to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts