Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it looks good but a few questions..

like #1 do you guys with the 8000k hid, blueish tint, ever ride with a tinted visor @ night? It was a little difficult riding home or wherever I was stuck with my helmet and tinted visor in the dark usually but with this hid light its IMPOSSIBLE almost.

It's like the blue light and helmet tint blend together into no light at all. When the visor was up it was fine again tho...

almost side swiped someone because I couldn't see them, usually the tinted visor barely makes any difference with the normal projector headlight.

#2 question - do your guy's hid kit's lights vibrate a bit? when I'm on a bumpier road the light moves around a bit.

After not being able to see shit I was worried I would be taking my front end off to put the old bulb in... but now I see it was just my visor thank god and it looks really good when your riding prepared (Clear visor at night)

just put on full frame covers in carbon fiber today, HID kit, flash 2 pass which DIDN'T work!! Tried hooking it to two diff headlights, anyways also installed front end in carbon fiber.. after tomorrow I put my two tail pieces on and my bike will be 90% carbon fiber , my dream

·
Registered
592 Posts
question 1: I always bring a spare visor if I know ill be riding at night.. been stuck in that situation before..

question 2: ya Ive notice the light "bounces" around more compared to the stock..

·
Registered
971 Posts
it bounces because it is more defined. i ride with my tinted visor on all of the time. have an agv xr2 with their dark tint (seems like) visor and i can see just fine. have to admit though when i flick my visor open its like wrigley field.

90% carbon bike huh??? really disappointed in you. figured you would have like 110% and be telling us all about it by now.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup

I'll get pics soon

just gotta put two tail sides on and it'll be ready for pictures.

Waiting for another 2k miles before I put the power pilot 2cts and synthetic in to use up these tires and oil .

·
Registered
894 Posts
Mine doesn't bounce. Also I run 6000k and they work much better with a tinted visor than stock bulb
I had 8000 on my high beam and it was dimmer than stock bulb. I tested it side by side with another jizzer same model year

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a gixxerboys 25k high and low beam kit. It looks amazing and was easy to install on my k7 750. Mine bounces a little also. I just got a arai w/ a tinted visor and I can barely see at night.

·
Registered
426 Posts
question 1: I always bring a spare visor if I know ill be riding at night.. been stuck in that situation before..

+1 bring another spare with ya...

question 2: ya Ive notice the light "bounces" around more compared to the stock..
Had the samething happen but after I did my retrofit problem solved...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I fixed it, stopped bouncing. Had to tighten some screws I didn't have all the way in.

also at night w/the visor 8000k is non-existant.

I can't see anything so I put my visor up if i'm riding at night or go home and switch out.

I wish i could put my clear visor in my trunk somehow.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I fixed it, stopped bouncing. Had to tighten some screws I didn't have all the way in.

I can't see anything so I put my visor up if i'm riding at night or go home and switch out.

If i know im going for a bit of a trip and I know ill be needing to swap visors I just put mine against my side under my shirt. If you tuck your shirt in its not going anywhere, and you get used to it being there.

Those 8000k do look nice, but you should consider switching to a 6000. You can get a replacement bulb for pretty cheap now adays, and the increased light output is considerable.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i have actually never ridden at night... it doesnt get dark here till about 10:30pm aand by that time i am at home, or if i do go anywhere i take the truck because i have people with me. not that i would not ride at night, just never really had the oppertunity.

also i wont ride if i have had even one beer, and by 10pm, i have usually had a beer lol

·
Registered
894 Posts
i have actually never ridden at night... it doesnt get dark here till about 10:30pm aand by that time i am at home, or if i do go anywhere i take the truck because i have people with me. not that i would not ride at night, just never really had the oppertunity.

also i wont ride if i have had even one beer, and by 10pm, i have usually had a beer lol
HIDs look tits in the daytime also though :thumbup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got a 6000K kit from starrotors.com for $99 with free shipping. And it was hi and low beam.
Works great, I would also recommend going to www.tripageled.com and getting the "H.I.D. Delay Relay". With the k6 and up the headlight turns off during cranking (maybe earlier models, not sure), and HID's dont like turning off and then back on, the delay relay will keep the headlight off for 5-10 seconds (adjustable) so u have time to start the bike, then the HID will come on. HID's will disable your flash to pass because the HID bulb needs time to ignite and heat up before it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts

look up a helmet made by hawk i bought one for $115 it has a clear visor with a tinted shade that flips down behind it when u want tint and flips up in the helmet when you dont. i made a mistake and threw my clear visor away when i bought my old helmet. i bought this one and i love it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
it looks good but a few questions..
..... my dream
your avatar :thumbup: :clap: damn she is fine

and LOL @ people switching their visor at night... you got HID's and still can't see?

LOL @ $99 HID kits...obviously yall didn't go to ddmtuning.com Don't smack yourself in the face when you visit the site.

·
The Honey Badger
11,975 Posts
your avatar :thumbup: :clap: damn she is fine

and LOL @ people switching their visor at night... you got HID's and still can't see?

LOL @ $99 HID kits...obviously yall didn't go to ddmtuning.com Don't smack yourself in the face when you visit the site.
+1 to all of that...and 25k HIDs for the one guy:headscrat:damn: I have no idea how you can see anything with those..:headshake

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.