Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello community. I had apart and cleaned with no luck. The high pressure filter. Dynojet S.A told me he bought a new one from Bike Bandits . I know they dont sell individually but I can't remember the location of the filter so I can order the exterior part that it is located in. I'm going to try and download a exploded parts view. I believe it's in item #2 but not 100% sure. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. Still chasing the sputtering ghost from 6 months ago and would like to get it resolved. Thanks community.
20200708_152901.jpg

·
Registered
479 Posts
The filter is #8. #2 is just the housing I think. the regulator is #9. #6 and #12 is the fuel level sender and bracket.

I have one on my bench right now...

·
Registered
958 Posts
#8 is just the "pre" filter, pickup screen.

Reactions: RockerGuy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The filter is #8. #2 is just the housing I think. the regulator is #9. #6 and #12 is the fuel level sender and bracket.

I have one on my bench right now...
Yeah but where is the high pressure filter. I know it internal on one off the housing. If you have one apart could you check the opposite side of the strainer to see if it's in there. Service adviser at power commander said he bought the part that has the high pressure filter in it. But he doesn't remember the number. When I replied back with the exploded parts page I got someone else and he brush me off. Said it was not their parts. Called bike bandits where he got the part and they dont know anything. Said they are not mechanics. That's the problem now a days. Nobody knows shit. They look at a computer screen and just sell parts. This has been a frustrating repair. If you could offer any more input on the part that houses that filter I would appreciate it. Hate to tear it down just for location then order the parts and have to tear it down again. Thank

·
Super Moderator
8,884 Posts
Just a guess as I've never had one apart, but #9 is on the discharge side of the pump so I would guess the filter would be in that housing. It should be easy to determine if you take yours apart.

·
SuperMod of the North
25,773 Posts
I haven't had one apart but always thought the High pressure filter was integral to the pump. I have seen repair vids where they back flush the pump. I recall an exploded view of the pump assy...if I can find it I will post.

·
Registered
958 Posts
First: what make, model, and year bike are we talking about. From there, just look it up in the parts fiche.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I went through the fiche and service manual. I don't think it has a high pressure fuel filter. It goes straight from the regulator housing to the supply line. The fuel path diagram in the manual shows no secondary filter either, and I think that's the most telling. Only way to know for certain is to take it apart. If there is a filter, my money is on that it's in the regulator housing.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Syder, the image is a print out of the fiche with the model listed right on it..... get another cup of coffee.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have just removed the fuel level sender but do not plan on breaking apart the housing. Here's partzillas video on maintanence of the unit.
There MIGHT be something integral in the regulator portion. On the video partzilla sells this part separately.
They also sell the orings needed.
Dynojet guy might be BSing you. Or misspoke and meant the regulator or the fuel pump strainer.

·
Registered
958 Posts
It's brewing... I thought they all have the HP filter.
Hello community. I had apart and cleaned with no luck. The high pressure filter.
Just getting confused, if you had it apart, and you have cleaned it once?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'd find it appalling if it doesn't have a HP filter. Most FI system has a 12 micron filter. 20 micron max. If not crap will block the injectors.

I'd be disappointed in Suzuki!

·
Registered
479 Posts
It's in here... gotta be. But at $400 for a fuel pump assembly or $150 for a regulator unit, ima not gonna cut mine open to check.
I can shine a light through the plastic maybe...

·
Registered
479 Posts
or maybe in the main body when the fuel returns to the flange...

On the 2005-6 they list the filter separate.

·
Super Moderator
8,884 Posts
^ What he said. Or just look through the port the fuel pump plugs into.

·
Registered
479 Posts
getting to the fuel pump or regulator requires pulling apart the assembly. I don't really feel like doing it for no reason but will if someone absolutely needs to know. ;)

I did take some close up pics and looked in the unit with the phone's flashlight and I'm convinced the fuel filter is in the unit that is being sold as fuel pressure regulator.

You can see the place where they plastic welded the top of the regulator together to seal the unit and the filter in place. I followed the outlet pipe of the the pump past the regulator section and there is no real place for a filter to fit.

Think about it... putting the filter after the regulator means that when the regulator is bad or the filter is clogged, you fuel pressure/volume test will tell you it's time to replace this section...

To the OP, if I were you, I'd replace the pre filter, o rings, regulator and THEN have the injectors cleaned...

These returnless fuel systems are notorious for allowing particles to clog up the injectors particularly the far one...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the input. I did back flush it at one time. But not sure I got everything out was getting dark and my only transportation. Other than cleaning the injectors I have done everything mentioned. Tearing down the pump is the easy part . Storage containers for the fuel is tough. I was hoping to order the part before tearing apart so I could just go back together 1 time. I guess I will just let the fuel level get as low as i can tear it apart and locate the filter. I can't remember where it was do to suffering from a stroke a few years back. Messed up short term memory. If it's in the fuel pump reservoir cup that would be awesome. It's only 26.00 at Bike Bandit. Once again guys thanks for the help. Safe riding to all.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just the regulator. But after studying the manual I believe the filter is in the regulator housing. It does not show a part number for the regulator or the housing . But in the manual they call it a fuel filter cartridge I believe. And they have a price and part number for the regulator on the description page. I have a question im waiting on answers from Bike bandit if that is just for regulator and housing or just regulator. The manual says never to remove regulator from cartridge. So if it's both I'm going to order. It's like 123.00. We will see. I will keep you guys posted on the out come. It would be great to solve this long time mystery solved and get my wide open throttle back with out sputtering and loss of power.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts