Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey guys I thought I would give an update on my high pressure filter.I ordered one from bike bandit for 135.00 waited a week and received an email from them saying Nationally High Demand part on backorder and do not know when they will get them. Tried other places with same results. So I'm going to pull my pump apart and back flush the mine and see if it takes care of it. I am going to make sure I do the best cleaning i can. Maybe I didn't do a good enough job last time. Will keep you posted. Thanks again for the support. Safe riding to all !

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,962 Posts
Soak it before you flush it. If it were me, I'd turn it upside down and fill it with GumOut and let it sit for a couple days, then back flush it with Seafoam.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey all. Just wanted to give update on my 08 liter sputtering fiel problem. I have had the problem for a long time now. I made sure I cleaned the high pressure filter as clean as possible. Still had some issues. But after working with my power commander v and auto tune I think I finally won the battle. She is ripping like a rocket on steroids. 8,000 rpms and above no issues so far. I'm pretty happy. Just wanted to say thanks to all that helped me on this issue. Ride safe all. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sry to bring up an old thread but just wanted to shine some light on this fuel pressure regulator. Dremeled my old one for a reference. Off of my 09 Gsxr 750. Cheers!
Metal Wood Auto part Lego Plastic
Fashion accessory Event Metal Auto part Science

Head Hand White Liquid Cuisine

Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Baked goods

Cuisine Petal Foam Ingredient Water

Fluid Eyelash Liquid Close-up Plastic

·
Super Moderator
10,596 Posts
@Dorkiestarz Thanks for adding those pictures, I've never had one to cut open and see what was inside.

It looks much more robust on your 09 model and should be cleanable. I understand the earlier filters, like my K6, has a paper element but have not confirmed that. It is about twice as long as you filter.

·
Super Moderator
10,596 Posts
Yeah, that looks like it would benefit from a backflush.
@Chuckster have you seen an earlier filter cut open? It would be nice to confirm if it is paper pleat or like this one. I thought I saw a picture of a collapsed paper pleat filter a while ago but not sure what it was on.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Yes, but I don't recall what it looked like. I do think it was a pleated paper filter like a cartridge style oil filter.

·
Registered
878 Posts
A K9 750 would have a newer T35 type pump. I'm also surprised to see what looks like a screen. I have a K7 1000 pump (also T35) in storage. But I think that I could see pleats when the pressure regulator was removed. The main filter needs to filter to 10 microns or better and I'd expect a screen filter to load up very quickly. Either pleats (lot of area) or a depth media are needed. I had a pic of a dissected T30 filter but it was on tinypic and now gone. I'll have to dig it out.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
^^^ They still have the pickup sock though, right? I would assume that does 99% of the work.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The T35's have a sock but, like earlier years, it's very coarse and won't catch the fine particles that can clog the injectors. I view its purpose as to catch rocks, dead mice, and severed fingers.

·
Super Moderator
10,596 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Here's (tenth page) a comparison of the T30 and T35 pumps. The drawing on page 11 seems to indicate that the high pressure filter is a depth type. But I've taken a look at my T35 and, though it's very hard to see anything, what I previously thought were pleats now look like ridges in a screen that looks like Dorkiestarz's third pic above. Also I've never understood what the T35's "fuel accumulation part" is that replaces the T30's sump. But the bottom line is, if you believe their claims, the T35 flows more, uses less power, is lighter, and is smaller than the T30.

·
Super Moderator
10,596 Posts
Reactions: Tinsnips
21 - 40 of 41 Posts