Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right I recently changed the oil and spark plugs in my bike as well as cleaning the air filter and re-oiling it. Before this the bike was running around 165 at speed and about 180ish at a stop. After its running at 174 - 182 at speed and 190ish to 200ish at a stop. I am wondering what I have done wrong.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Weather change? They still are within range.

Those temps are pretty low, I run 210+ in traffic and about 180 on the highway but I live in vegas.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
All right I recently changed the oil and spark plugs in my bike as well as cleaning the air filter and re-oiling it. Before this the bike was running around 165 at speed and about 180ish at a stop. After its running at 174 - 182 at speed and 190ish to 200ish at a stop. I am wondering what I have done wrong.
Its normal…. Shyt mine got up to 205 this morning @ 7:00 a.m in traffic. I will hit 220’s this afternoon when going home..There have been many threads on this subject.. attached is a link. Check out the last couple responses and you will see these guys know what they are talking about and you are well in the ‘’safe range”

http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=62900&highlight=Temperature

i run at 250+++ in traffic, 210 on highway. so that's very low temps compare to mine
is ur's really getting up in the 250's? i would think she would shut down or start to melt internals. aluminum starts to warp around 245-250 (i thought)

·
Registered
105 Posts
yep, in traffic for a while, it does. red light on. i have to turn off the engine if not moving for a while as soon as i hit 230 to prevent getting higher. it's pain in the b...

·
Registered
105 Posts
yeah, i know. i need to fix it soon before summer kills it. the main problem is the fans are not kicking on anymore around 220. then the radiator need a good cleaning since it's covered with mud.
anyway, i never ran as low as he did...

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know it's normal I am just anal about stuff really. some one thought I used to much oil on the air filter so i am re oiling it now. i just like things to stay the same. the reason i get such low temps is engine ice coolant the bike dropped about 30 degrees when I switched over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.