Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read earlier in a tech thread that hindle full system was the cheapest and best way to go yet i cant find a system for a 600? only saw them for 750 plus. i have a stock 2005 gsxr600 and im lookin for some more inexpensive hp gains. anyone care to throw some ideas out there? thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so i answered my own question :thumbup: and found the 2k5 600 set up from hindle i guess i should have known since its the same as the 750 but that didnt click. anyway any other ideas for gains in HP would me much appreciated! thanks again

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Depends on which type of performance you looking for :thumbup: track or strip $$$ has tons to do with it

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
"Speed Costs Money, How Fast Do You Want To Go" id say the basics tre full(although i heard a tit, 1000 header and a slip on has almost the same amount of gains) exhaust, PC or stock remap/dyno, filter,etc etc etc etc :thumbup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Actually, Hindle use to be an awesome deal. However, they just had a massive price increase this year and it's not nearly as attractive as it use to be. I would suggest using Royal Purple Max cycle full sysnthetic oil in your bike. In cars they have been getting ut to 15% HP gains by switching all of the fluids to Royal Purple. Check out the video section of their website:
http://www.royalpurple.com/video/video.html
I'm told that they can get up to 10% on motorcycles. I run the stuff in everything I drive and I'm a beliver in it. Changing the oli is something you have to do anyhow. I can't think of a cheaper HP bang for the buck. I usually buy it on Ebay or from J.C. Whitney. If you buy enough of it from J.C. Whitney, you'll get free shipping which is a considerable savings. Her's a lik to their site:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/.../s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=Max cycle
Oh yeah, make sure to run the Max Cycle and not the car stuff. There are far more additives in motorcycle oil.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
haha i was just about to ask about if the cycle had the additives. :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
hey there, hindles used to be a good bang for your buck , but not anymore, they really dont give you any power gains until very high in the rpms, and loose a good amount down low. also keep in mind hindles dont come as a complete pipe , you need to buy the header AND and tail section. i priced there set up for my 1k and it was over a $1000.00.. definitly not a good hp per dollar esp when you can get a full yosh trs for under $750.00 shipped , and a micron, arata , arrow, or akrapovic for $11-1200 that will make much more useable power across the rpms not just peak like the hindle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yah that really makes sense. the royal purple thing is quite interesting i watched the videos im impressed. as for the hindle pipes i think ill pass on those. performance gains im looking for are overall im not really going drag racing or to the track. just looking for hp increase. until next year when i can get me a 1k :)

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
2004gsxr1000 said:
hey there, hindles used to be a good bang for your buck , but not anymore, they really dont give you any power gains until very high in the rpms, and loose a good amount down low. also keep in mind hindles dont come as a complete pipe , you need to buy the header AND and tail section. i priced there set up for my 1k and it was over a $1000.00.. definitly not a good hp per dollar esp when you can get a full yosh trs for under $750.00 shipped , and a micron, arata , arrow, or akrapovic for $11-1200 that will make much more useable power across the rpms not just peak like the hindle.
Hmmm, there is a site sponsor on Gixxer.com that sells full Hindles for $525 to your door. I got mine a while back when the guy just became a site sponsor and got my high mount Hindle for $499 shipped.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Hammy said:
You certainly won't be buying them at that price ever again. I'm a dealer and I can't buy them for that.
You're right...now he's got them for $599 shipped. Still a great deal though compared to others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.