Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I ride for a long time on my gsxr750 my hip flexers get so tight that it hurts really bad. and sometimes when I stop at a light and relax them and when i'm about to take off its like I cant even get my foot to the peg the hip is so tight. Any ideas does this happen to others. I'm not fat i'm in excellent shape, I slash bodybuild keep in excellent shape. Do lowering links help any do they bring the bike down more so your foot doesnt have to go up so high.Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lowering links helped me out a lot on my 1000. It does change the ride a bit but my bike before was lowered so I was already use to the change, just take it slow at first if you do end up doing the links until you get use to it. If you have the money another option is the adjustable rear sets, but there pricy. Good luck

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
happens to me every once in awhile...after i get my foot on the peg i will stand up slightly to releave the pain. but sounds like yours happens all the time, that sucks. i dont know if it has more to do with the distance between the seat to the pegs, or the street lifting your leg/ feet to the peg...you might try different rear sets to see if it helps...meaning a lower peg setting. i would do that before you go lowering your bike.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If it locks when you tuck then you have some serious problems esp. if you have lower back pain. There is a T-ban muscle that along the outside of your leg, runners get a problem with that. If its the very front of the leg that should help it slightly. But then your gonna have to get someone to dig in on the front side your hip when your laying down on your back. There are gonna have to push so hard on the front part of your leg, right below your hip that your gonna feel it.

·
Super Moderator
8,227 Posts
My hip pops out of place when i ride but i have serious problems with my SI joint... i usually just stand up on the pegs and kind of twist to pop it back in place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i had a similiar issue after i installed my adjustable rear sets. they were too high. once i lowered them and moved em back problem went away.

Thanks guys looks like its adjustable rear sets.how many inches does it lower if you use the lowest setting.I know if my legs were just a few inches lower it would make a big difference

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
Thanks guys looks like its adjustable rear sets.how many inches does it lower if you use the lowest setting.I know if my legs were just a few inches lower it would make a big difference
i have the vortex rearsets and the adjustments are pretty big. you can flip the mounting plates for more adjustment. i would estimate 2-3 inches overall. it may not seem like much but a little bit goes a long way.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I doubt lowering the bike would help anything, the seating postition would remain the same. Adjustable pegs might help thou. Also maybe some riser clip ons so your not leaned over quite as far, that may also help a little

·
Registered
111 Posts
probably both since im not loose in my hip flexers
she said that she didnt know how bad it was but if it's not bad enough to see your local doctor she recommends you try regent care its a joint supplement it's in a powder form and you mix it and drink it and tatse like lemoade ( not really lol i tried it) but some body builders that she sees use it and love it and it not expensive at all it's like $34 bucks for a 60 or 90 day supply also it's not over the counter but you can ask your local Ph. or you might find it at a GNC in the seniors heath section. good luck with it though man

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I doubt lowering the bike would help anything, the seating postition would remain the same. Adjustable pegs might help thou. Also maybe some riser clip ons so your not leaned over quite as far, that may also help a little
+1 I have riser bars on mine. I have them set just about 1" above stock height and a little goes a long way. It takes some of the wrist pressure off allowing for a more comfortable riding position. So I'm not using my hips/legs so much to compensate to maintain a correct riding position (at least I think it's correct:shifty). My rearsets are set on the bottom/forward location. I'm 6'3" and this is an extremely comfortable combination. :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.