1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
150 Posts
On the record I would like to say that I hope the freebee viewings are taken down very soon. It sucks that something that was put together with a lot of time, effort and money is being distributed for free.

Off the record I admit that I've watched the free download. Yes it is a very well made and extremely exceptional documentary. Hats off to Mark Neale and crew for making it. And although I've just contradicted what I preached above I WILL purchase a legitimate copy of Hitting the Apex as soon as it's made available to the US market.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually feel the same way. I would have gladly purchased the download or CD had it been available. The temptation was too great though, so when I saw this I had to watch. And what kind of person would I be if I didn't share it with other enthusiast.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I couldn't resist watching it.
It's the best MotoGP documentary I've ever seen.
No. It's the best motorcycle movie I've ever seen. Period.
Brad Pitt did a great job. You can hear it in his voice that he loves it as much as I do.
Interesting that you can't get it in the US. It's available in Canada. A couple of my buddies have it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I couldn't resist watching it.
It's the best MotoGP documentary I've ever seen.
No. It's the best motorcycle movie I've ever seen. Period.
Brad Pitt did a great job. You can hear it in his voice that he loves it as much as I do.
Interesting that you can't get it in the US. It's available in Canada. A couple of my buddies have it.
hahaha So you have the hook up it seems... how bout you get your buddies to snag a couple of copies for us that would be epic :0001136745-wait:

·
Registered
150 Posts
seems like Stoner still not friends with Rossi ....... aussie typical
Eff Stoner...bitter prick. Get pissed all you want behind the camera but you DO NOT act snarky and overdramatic when all eyes are on YOU. That's the difference between Rossi and EVERYONE else that has come up against him. I'm sure even Rossi has lost his cool more than once but you never see him do it on camera because he knows that's damaging to one's image. Rossi is charismatic because that's how he portrays himself to the fans. He might be the biggest dick in the racing community...but you'll never know it.

People can say what they want to defend Stoner and his attitude towards Rossi and the latter years of his racing career. Yes he was a top notch rider. Yes he rode the Ducati in ways that no one else could...not even Rossi. Yes he's a championship winner that didn't care what anyone thought of him nor his attitude. But he was NOT charming, charismatic, or respectable (my opinion here only). And THAT's why like many others he will go down in history as another MotoGP racer who has risen to challenge the legend and disappeared a few short years later.

Even Pedrosa...I wanted to slap him when he didn't accept Marco's hand of apology. Dude the guy made a mistake. Unfortunately it involved you. Shit happens. It's racing. Accept the fact that this can and likely happens from time to time. I understand emotions run high but I highly doubt anyone on that grid has any malicious or reckless intent. Shake hands, accept the apology, and move on to the next round because just like that you never know when it might be the last time you see your rival alive. You think he felt bad at Simoncelli's funeral knowing he dissed him at the rider's meeting? I know I would've.

Anyway sorry I went off on a tirade there but that was just one of the many things I took away from watching this documentary. And I'll be watching it over and over until my DVD turns to dust. :grin

1 - 20 of 25 Posts