Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i hacked apart the turbo exhaust manifold that I had for the 1000 turbo project to fit into my 750. I chopped up a stock header i had lying around and spliced the ends of it to the manifold ends.. Worked out pretty well. The turbo itself is so massive I may need to extend the manifold 3 inches at the flange to clear the rad. I only have it mocked up to my old 600 motor so its hard to tell at the moment.. Its gonna be tight.

I ordered oil feed and return lines along with a manual boost controller today also. I T'd off the oil pressure sensor for the feed. Not sure yet where im going to put the return.

I still need to order a blow off valve, wastegate and a boost guage and im good to go. In the process of fabricating an intake manifold now, ill post pics when its done. So far this turbo project hasnt cost me more than 500 bucks.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This going on a stock 1000 motor? How much boost do you plan on running?

My buddy just blew is 02 Turbo 1000 up, he had 12PS1 when it went. It did last for 20 thousand miles.
This is going on a stock 750. Im not gonna run more than 5psi. Maybe next year ill get some turbo low comp pistons and go with more boost. If I get 170hp ill be happy for now.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
damn this looks like a bad ass setup. but when are you gonna be able to take that thing to it's max?? you'll need a couple straight miles to see what it can do homie!!! good luck and be safe man!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My only concern so far is with the turbo itself. Its a T3 so im not sure how it will behave on the bike. Its supposed to start spooling at 2400rpm on a 2.0L 4 banger, so I hope the high revs of the bike make up for the shortage of displacement... :hmmm: I paid 150$ for it so I just couldnt pass it up...

Im going to run a 50mm wastegate to keep the turbo in check if it does decide to spool properly. Worst case scenario, its not gonna spool up and Ill have to get a smaller turbo.

·
Registered
131 Posts
will a smaller turbo bolt right up? the exhaust manifold looks great, nicely done.:thumbup:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My oil lines came in the other day so I decided to throw them on. I ran the oil return to one of the plugs on the side of the motor. The kit did not come with a screw that would plug into the motor and the return line, so we ended up drilling out the original plug and welding it onto a screw that came with the kit.

Here is the screw that came out of the motor.

And here it is already welded to the other screw that came with the kit.

This is where the screw came out of and where I ended up feeding the oil return. If anyone sees any problems with this area please let me know..it seemed like a reasonable location with no oil pressure..

Wide shot...

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know about on a bike and how it works, but I know on my old talon that turbo didn't have like no lag.

You should be good as far as the lag is concerned I would think
Because the displacement is less than half, is why im worried about it. But im hoping the high revs of a bike motor will make up for that. No one on here has a turbo that large on a bike so its hard to say what will happen. Ill just have to find out first hand and share with the world.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Because the displacement is less than half, is why im worried about it. But im hoping the high revs of a bike motor will make up for that. No one on here has a turbo that large on a bike so its hard to say what will happen. Ill just have to find out first hand and share with the world.
I will be waiting for the results! be nice to see what the total price for you to finish the project was.

BTW. NICE JOB SO FAR! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.