Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody with the slash cut have problems with their A/F ratio? I put a black hotbodies slash cut on my k8 after about 100 miles. I've since driven it about 600 miles without any problems. However yesterday and today I would be cruising in 3rd or 4th around 6k when it would start bogging down, around 4500k the throttle would snap back sending me back a lil. I haven't gotten a chance to really get familiar with the bike but it feels slower also. brought it to suzuki to get my first service and he suggested taking it off or going power commander. JW if anyone else had this problem. Hoping it is just the exhaust and I can correct it with the dynojet. Thanks.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Probably just the exhaust. Anything you do to the bike that alters the amount of air going in or out of the engine will alter your A/F ratio. Is it a full system or just a slip on? Usually a slip on dosnt effect it enough to make a power commander/tune necessairy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a slip-on, thats why I was surprised to be having problems. I didn't read about anyone else having probs with it. Also I found it strange it took a good 400 miles to give me a problem.

·
Registered
95 Posts
it'd be great if the people who have this exhaust could give me some input.
dunno but i installed my lashcut hotbodies about a week ago! and your scaring me! lemme know what happens miines only has 600 miles on it! and ive ridden it with for about 100 miles! what i did hear is that it can burn a valve but thats after like 10-15k miles later! mines is just temporary! hope u fix it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I took it off last night. Sucks going back to the stock. Throttle response seems a little better. Still have some sluggishness around 6k which bogs down until it snaps back and sends me moving. I'm confused on how this works. When I put the hotbodies on it took a while before it started giving me any problems. I imagine it will be the same on fixing the problem. I thought a pipe would have shown any problems immediately. :hmmm:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.