Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my full fairings through these guys, but I am curious about the durability of the fairings. They feel flibsy as all hell and in the box with the fairings weighs just as much as right stock fairing alone. The site says that they are flexible to resist cracking, but I feel that if I go down hard enough that the flexibility of it would cause some eternal damage on the bike. Here is the site http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/en/prod_175_custom_bodywork_suzuki_2006-07_gsx-r_600750
Does anyone have these and can give me a heads up on em? I was thinking of ?dynomatting? the insides to reinforce them a bit, opinions?

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
They are race fairings by design. So in other words, they are disposable. You basically bought the average quality race bodywork. As far as who makes the best race bodywork today, hands down it's Attack Performance, then Armour Bodies, then Sharkskinz. Sharkskinz used to be the standard to be compared to but they moved production south of the boarder and it's noticeably worse. The cool thing about race bodywork is that you can take all three pieces off in a couple minutes or just take the lower off in about 30 seconds to change your oil. If you bought them just because they had a "street style" kit then you are out of luck...you should have gotten Sharkskinz street bodywork. Only two companies that I know of that make race bodywork AND offer a street version, Hotbodies and Sharkskinz. Sharkskins uses better qualtiy material and the bodywork is much better right out of the box compared to Hotbodies.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, I got them for hella cheap. So the all around durability of them isnt that great right? So would dynomatting help with that at all?

Oh bump is so the conversation is not tagged and bagged for a cold topic. "Fishing for more info"

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Don't waste your time trying to add Dynamat. Worry about repairs after you go down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.