Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl and I are kinda takin a break for a while and I usually keep my bike in her garage. My condo doesn't have a garage, and I dont have a cover yet (holding out until I buy the cycle shell). Is it bad for my bike to be outside, uncovered? The bike pretty much gets poured on every day since I'm in south Florida. I do, however, dry it off as quickly as possible and as much as I can once the rain stops. Chain has a good coating of chain wax on it, and the plastics/tank have like 2 coats of wax. Will she be alright? Is the sun more damaging than the rain? Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
107 Posts
ive rode mine in the rain a lot but like you always dry as much as can i do know that as far as the wax goes the sun is actually harder on that than the rain but for the internal part of the bike im sure the rain is probably not great on it but it probably shouldnt hurt it to bad

·
Registered
250 Posts
they are designed to be in the rain. Id worry more about it getting stolen. The rain aint a problem.

- Jared -

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
i think my cover, that i've used about twice, was only like $20. I'd go that route til you get the shell. and even after you get the shell u can use the other as a cover for a gas grill, they work great. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
It should be no problem on your bike. You can wash your motorcycle and it has no problem with water. You migt want to clean it a little more often though I leave mines outside alot and have been on it plenty times in the rain

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, as gay as it sounds, you've comforted me :laughingr I will wash it more than usual too. What place sells cheap covers? I tried getting one locally but most places didn't have anything, and the closest Pep Boys had was an ATV cover.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Make sure your Insurance is in order or if you have a agent to go over the what if happens and would you be covered just in case also get rental ins just in case and see if that can be provided in your state as being your only means of transportation replacement

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got mine at wal-mart for like 25 bucks.

GulfCoastGixxer said:
Thanks, as gay as it sounds, you've comforted me :laughingr I will wash it more than usual too. What place sells cheap covers? I tried getting one locally but most places didn't have anything, and the closest Pep Boys had was an ATV cover.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
GulfCoastGixxer said:
do you have a farm and fleet in your area?

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Cover Her Up!

The the girlfriend kicked you and the bike out. :headshake Just cause the relationship didn't work no need to take it out on the bike!!! :twofinger Actually the sun is worse on the bike than the rain but the two are a bad combination. Keep allot of wax on the painted areas and keep the chain well greased. Get a good cover ASAP!!! Check EBAY, you should be able to find something........... :thumbup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HAHA, to clarify a few things... I am the one who took the break from our relationship :thumbup: Don't have a Farm and Fleet anywhere near here, nor have I ever heard of one. I tried Wal-Mart and they didn't have shit. Im not at all worried about someone stealing my bike or knocking it over as 95% of the people that live in my condo go to their homes up north for the summer, and my complex is way off the beaten path, and its gated. If someone comes in, I can see them. Guess I'll just keep shammy-in' it off whenever I come home, and I'll wash it whenever it clears up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.