Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
You would need a set of these and they go right below the bike on the (rear) shock area you will see two of these. Ebay has em about 30 bucks or so

·
Registered
317 Posts
The front you can just slide the fork tubes up in the tripple clamps. Make sure each side is exactly the same. When you get it to where you want it tighten the lower( i think) clamp down and compress the forks a few times to square everything up then tighten up the upper. lowering the front will make the bike want to turn in faster but as long as it is done evenly with the rear it shouldnt change the characteristics much.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
audi1031 said:
You would need a set of these and they go right below the bike on the (rear) shock area you will see two of these. Ebay has em about 30 bucks or so

Is there a difference between the dog bones that have 3 holes? I mean I know that there is a drop difference but would they break easier comparied to the ones with one hole? They don't seem to have much support between each hole. I mean I don't know jack about these things so that's why i'm asking. Would this be something that I would be able to do myself? If so what tools what I need?

TIA

kre8

·
Registered
282 Posts
no i hurd they have the same support. But the dog bones with 3 holes give u option. ..... I dont know the exact measurements of drop. But like one hole is 1inch , 2, 3 ...... so u can adjust to your riding height ... And yea its easy to remove your rear shock and no special tools

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dalifts said:
no i hurd they have the same support. But the dog bones with 3 holes give u option. ..... I dont know the exact measurements of drop. But like one hole is 1inch , 2, 3 ...... so u can adjust to your riding height ... And yea its easy to remove your rear shock and no special tools

Great! I just don't want to take it to the srvc dept because they charge about 75 an hour and of course when asking them it either takes an hour or more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.