Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend wanted to know how to set the timing when changing the timing chain. He has a 98 GSX-R 600. Are there marks on the cam pulleys and crank pulley? Is it painfully obvious? I haven't taken a look at it, but he asked if I could ask online how to do it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
yes there is a mark on the flywheel for top dead center, and marks on the cams for the same, you also need to make sure youhave the right amount of links between the gears. I will see if I can post a pic tonight

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
At top dead center on cylinder one the cams will each have a mark pinting straight up, and each will have one pointed in towards each other parralel with the valve cover gasket deck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the bottom of the engine, how do you align the timing sprocket-to-crankshaft? He has the top of the engine, and just needs to know which way the bottom is supposed to go. Do you have a picture or anything? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The first pic is for TDC (top dead center) make sure you are on the right stroke though, as in #1 is COMPRESSING not exhausting.

The second is the cams.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.