Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a stupid question, but my self and a friend disagree on how to turn off our bikes. He always hits the kill switch and I use my key. Anyone have any opinions/thoughts as to which ways is better or if it doesn't matter.

Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
`I seem to use both. Usually use the kill switch if Im coming home late and trying to be quiet compared to when Im not and I just turn it off by the key..

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I use the kickstand kill mostly and the kill switch once in a while.

As for your disagreement it dont really matter as all of the kills on the bike do the exact same thing... Remove/disconnect the power source thats it thats all they do

·
Registered
430 Posts
I generally use the kill switch but as previously stated it doesn't matter. I just use the kill switch because it leaves the lights on and if I'm coming home late I want to be able to see what I'm doin.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I use the key, but you use whatever you like. Using the key or the switch or both will not hurt the bike. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I use the key on mine. But when I was in Texas and was at a light with a buddy and he would be hitting on some girls I would hit his kill switch right before the light turns green to spoil his game:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
I use the kill switch because it allows me to keep both hands on the bars until the engine is off. It's not really a necessity, it's just the way they taught me to do it when I took the MSF course a few years ago and now it's habit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I use the key on mine. But when I was in Texas and was at a light with a buddy and he would be hitting on some girls I would hit his kill switch right before the light turns green to spoil his game:lol:
:laughingr:laughingr:laughingr

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I run that bitch til it cuts out from lack of fuel!

But usually the kill switch.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
:lol::lol: I was doin that to my boy last weekend down at the beach... He says damit man... your killin my game...:laughingr

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.