Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i've got an 05 gsxr750 and my chain is real loose i was just wondering on how to tighten it, but i heard u just need it loose. well how the do i get it out i pushed pulled i dunno help please, and which line do you think i should put it on, its on six right now i was just thinking five.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You should have about 1" total travel up and down at the mid point on the chain. To adjust it you need to loosen the rear axle and then move the adjustment bolts out to tighten the chain.

·
Registered
250 Posts
boxing750 said:
hey i've got an 05 gsxr750 and my chain is real loose i was just wondering on how to tighten it, but i heard u just need it loose. well how the do i get it out i pushed pulled i dunno help please, and which line do you think i should put it on, its on six right now i was just thinking five.
The lines on the swing arm are for reference points so that your rear wheel is not cock-eyed.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
just get an R clip from a hardware store, you can always use it over.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
not sure about that, i know lowes and homedepot has them.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
boxing750 said:
i did it but i think i might have tightn the chain too tight. what will happen to it if its too tight
the chain will snap, make sure its loose enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.