Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When am riding I feel everything on the road, is there a way to minimaized?
What can I do to improve handling (I mean that the bike sticks to the ground better on the curves)?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
You will have to take your bike to someone to get it dialed in for your weight etc etc. You Da Man should be chiming in to assist you on how or what is needed

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Thanks Audi for that wonderful introduction. The amount of tuning and cost of tuning will depend on how aggressive you ride the twisties/corners. If you are just the average street rider you may just need some new springs (for your weight) and lighter fork oil and tuning from a reputable suspension guy. Now if you are riding the twisties at track speed then you will need springs, oil, revalving (compression and rebound), revalve the shock (GSXR shocks are good enough to revalve and not have to be replaced), and adjust ride height (drop the front at least 5mm and raise the rear around 10mm for starters and experiment from there). I doubt you will need a complete suspension rebuild. The cost of what I mentioned above is around $900-$1000. Once a street bike is set up for some track riding, the street riding is really stiff and you will feel even more bumps. You can get even more radical by adding a Yosh adjustable triple tree to eliminate fork flexing under heavy braking. I have a Vortex triple on my R6 race bike and it was a little noticeable and steering felt a little more precise. The GSXR has good stock suspension and I know some racers that will race with the stock stuff and wait until the next season to start to upgrade. You can get near top of the line stuff installed for around $1500 and that will include Traxxion Dynamics fork internals and replacing the rear shock with a Penske double clicker...triple clicker is somewhat more expensive.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
you da man said:
Thanks Audi for that wonderful introduction. The amount of tuning and cost of tuning will depend on how aggressive you ride the twisties/corners. If you are just the average street rider you may just need some new springs (for your weight) and lighter fork oil and tuning from a reputable suspension guy. Now if you are riding the twisties at track speed then you will need springs, oil, revalving (compression and rebound), revalve the shock (GSXR shocks are good enough to revalve and not have to be replaced), and adjust ride height (drop the front at least 5mm and raise the rear around 10mm for starters and experiment from there). I doubt you will need a complete suspension rebuild. The cost of what I mentioned above is around $900-$1000. Once a street bike is set up for some track riding, the street riding is really stiff and you will feel even more bumps. You can get even more radical by adding a Yosh adjustable triple tree to eliminate fork flexing under heavy braking. I have a Vortex triple on my R6 race bike and it was a little noticeable and steering felt a little more precise. The GSXR has good stock suspension and I know some racers that will race with the stock stuff and wait until the next season to start to upgrade. You can get near top of the line stuff installed for around $1500 and that will include Traxxion Dynamics fork internals and replacing the rear shock with a Penske double clicker...triple clicker is somewhat more expensive.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use it mainly for street, is just that allready I feel everything and I dont have confidence maybe to take the agresives curves, but I will follow your instructions lower it in the front and raise the back. For your info I own a 1997 GSXR 600. New Pirelli Tires, Yoshimura pipe, Polish frame, swing arm and rims, Racing clutch, Extention kit and it has almost 26k miles. I just want to feel a little safer on the curves. Is that to much to ask?

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Your swingarm is extended? If it is don't offset the ride height with lowering the front and raising the rear. I would only do that if the bike had a regular swingarm/wheelbase. The purpose to raising the rear and lowering the front is to get the bike to "flick" easier from side to side...like in a chicane or back to back right left or left right turns. The more you adjust the ride height the more headshake you will get at high speeds. My R6 ride height is so tweaked that anything over 130 I feel like I'm going to lose her. Only one out of 5 tracks I ride requires anything over 135mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.