Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I Got it figured out, Thank god for Engine hoists.

My Fiancee has a 06 GSXR 600. I had to lower it 1 inch in the back for her to touch. She wants to get rid of the bike as she doesnt feel comfortable on it turning. How much should I lower the front so the geometry of the bike is correct as if it wasnt lowered?

I figured it out. I was attempting to lower the front end myself. As I started to loosen the Handle bar bolts the front end went down all the way. I had my engine hoist holding the front of the bike up, but the suspension wouldnt go back up.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
when I lowered the front on mine, it slammed down and I used a 2x4 on the bottom set of clamps and a floor jack to push the forks back up.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
im not downing your girl in any way, but it seems to me that if she is that worried about learning how to turn with it being lowerd, she may need to find something to learn to turn on first. lowering the back of the bike one inch is not goint to throw it off so much that ill will make a substantial change. she may not even notice a difference in handling. now im sure if she was into scraping knees and elbows going around a turn it may be noticeable

next time if you want to lower it, loosen the clipons, put them in place, tighten them then move the tripple tree down that way it wont go any more than you want it to go

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im not downing your girl in any way, but it seems to me that if she is that worried about learning how to turn with it being lowerd, she may need to find something to learn to turn on first. lowering the back of the bike one inch is not goint to throw it off so much that ill will make a substantial change. she may not even notice a difference in handling. now im sure if she was into scraping knees and elbows going around a turn it may be noticeable

next time if you want to lower it, loosen the clipons, put them in place, tighten them then move the tripple tree down that way it wont go any more than you want it to go

She learned to ride on a Rebel 250, and also took the MSF course on the same bike. She isnt converned with the bike being lowered, as she doesnt know the bike any other way. I was told to lower the front to get the geometry of the bike as close as possible. It made it actually worse when I rode it. I ended up putting it back to stock height up front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.