Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided to go with woodcraft sliders...after i dumped my bike over today and scuffed the left side fairing and broke the ball off the clutch lever. (i'm a newb...k8 600 for first bike---please do not flame..i realize i need to get a smaller bike to learn on and i am signed up in the cancellation spot for msf course as soon as a spot opens)

so my questions

1) how easy is it to cut the fairing?

2) what do you use to cut the fairing

3) what is the torque measurement for tightening down the mount bolts?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Cutting the fairings is easy and they should come with full instructions. I cut my fairing with a drill and the proper sized cutting bit, took about a half hour to install and most of that as time going slow and drinking a beer.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
woodcraft doesnt make no cuts

·
Registered
130 Posts
i had vortex no cut on my all my 750s (we did weld them to the frame tough) i went down a like 40-45mph i had minor sratches on my fairing but no major damage but on my new bike (09 gsxr 1000) im going to get race rails though cause i ride this on a lot harder. how much more proctect do i get with race rails?

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
No they don't, and that's for a reason.
Correct sir, Woodcraft is a track/race parts company and no-cut sliders on a track bike :laughingr. I'll sell my bikes before putting on no-cut sliders. Sure they save time and effort before your crash but wait until after :laughingr and we're not talking some wussy tip over in the driveway.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
i have some no cut sliders, however if i happen to go down faster than 45, theres more shit than jest a fairing gonna get messed up, depends on how things hit and what hits a friend of mine hit a curb in a parking lot and it totaled his bike just because the frame got scratched towards the rear of the bike, another on went down and scratched his frame below the seat, (with sliders) and totaled that bike as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.