Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
well i learned how to do it in my motorcycle maintaince class.. i brought my carbs in and he showed me what the dealership and mechanic's would charge me big $$$$ to do and its fairly simple...

we opened it up and sprayed some carb cleaner inside.. i took out the old jets and went to the dealership and ordered some new ones (so call ahead make sure they have in stock or order then before you take the carbs out) you also have the choice at that time to replace the floats and stuff like that which in most cases its not needed... once you have replaced the jets and sprayed the carb cleaner in there pretty good use compressed air (air tools, gas station guage to put air in your tire or even those bottled air for computer keyboards) and clean out the carb spray real good and put it back on the bike basicly that was it.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
cents to 1.00 for jets depending on which ones you get. Make sure if you have the correct ones MUKUNI/KIENE (SP) make sure you get correct ones
Once done make sure that you get your normal tune up while your there and sync carbs and make sure your floats are adjusted correctly

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Well I had the mukuni carbs so I went to the dealership told them which carbs where on my bike and asked them for the 49 state (non cali) jets they ordered it from the warehouse and they came in the mail... The name of the type of carbs is right there on them so its pretty much idiot proof. All my floats and things like that where fine according to my teacher so I didn't need to replace them.... Although I did not syn them if it doesn't rain on saturday then I can ask my teacher to teach me how the syn the carbs and get back to you on that!

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Oh where is the jet

Well you have to open the carb (not the black plastic side) and then there is the jet inside there.. You will need a small skinny flat head screw driver to get it out... If its anything like mine its old and set in its way so I needed an impact tool to get mine out so I could clean it and replace the jets.... I wish I would have taken pictures to show you.. But yours may be different mine is a 93....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts