Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 katana 600 (It's gotta go ASAP!) and I just found that the right side fork seal is leaky, I probably blew it last year learning wheelies on the 500 pound monster. Now I need to sell the bike ASAP, so I'm probably just going to go and get shortchanged by a dealer, but the thing is I know they check everything REAL good, so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do so that they wont be able to tell te seal's blown.
I compressed and bounced the front end quite a few times, until no more oil came out and I wiped it all off, the seal and the coil around it look fine to me, I looked close and couldn't find any little crackes or anything bad, but how do the dealers check it?

BTW, it's an 01 katana 600, blue, 15k miles, couple small scrapes on each fairing, no cracks, looks real nice, two brand new tires and a brand new battery. Asking 2500 or bo, it needs to go.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
just tell them about it. Would you like to purchase a bike and a person forgot to tell you that the forks was leaking or that the Brake calipes were JB welded together at the mounts :headshake Sell it in paper I am sure you get a quick sell tell them fork seal busted

·
Registered
773 Posts
Got2josh said:
I have a 01 katana 600 (It's gotta go ASAP!) and I just found that the right side fork seal is leaky, I probably blew it last year learning wheelies on the 500 pound monster. Now I need to sell the bike ASAP, so I'm probably just going to go and get shortchanged by a dealer, but the thing is I know they check everything REAL good, so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do so that they wont be able to tell te seal's blown.
I compressed and bounced the front end quite a few times, until no more oil came out and I wiped it all off, the seal and the coil around it look fine to me, I looked close and couldn't find any little crackes or anything bad, but how do the dealers check it?

BTW, it's an 01 katana 600, blue, 15k miles, couple small scrapes on each fairing, no cracks, looks real nice, two brand new tires and a brand new battery. Asking 2500 or bo, it needs to go.
I think that is bullshit. I would hate to buy a bike then have to replace the forkseals because you know that the dealer is not going to do it. :headshake . The people here on this web site seem like a lot of honest people so I think that this thread is going to give you a lot of shit. Screwing someone is just wrong!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
THATS BULLSHIT...IF I BOUGHT THAT BIKE AND FOUND OUT ON MY OWN...BEST BELIEVE I MAKE SURE I GET MY MONEY BACK ON TOP OF MOST LIKELY BEATIN YOUR ASS!!! :2hard THATS FOR YOU TRYIN TO RIP SOMEONE OFF

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
no shit on that being a lame fucking move...then offering to sell it on here...dude has some balls...

·
Registered
228 Posts
you must have been absolutely slammin it to the ground when learnin to wheelie. As for the seal get it fixed. Pay the cash, if not lose the money when u sell it. Show some moral fibre.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Please only post "for sale" ads in the "for sale forum...

Consider this a first warning.....

And secondly your a tool (not a word i use often) for trying to hide broken seals from an unsuspecting buyer! but karama always comes back to you.. I mean i wanted to sell my old bike but i told the new buyer every little thing i could think of that was wrong with it.. and even gave him all the extra parts i had and manuals in case of anything else.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
just remember, what goes around, comes around, biotch haha just kidding but not about the goes around comes around part. actually not kidding about anything, :thefinger

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
renoracer said:
i dont think he is going to reply, hell if it was me, i would feel like shit and i wouldnt either. but you should.

HAHA Me either. I just sold my quad and told the guy (my cousin) everything that was wrong with it. He still took it. Be honest.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
wow...think we really kind of ran him off for a few...finally we all agree on something.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.