Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
What's the best way to lowered my 07 gsxr600?

I have a k7 600 and attempted to lower it. I lowered the back with a lowering link. I have yet to figure out how to lower the front. Some will say use shims, but I dont want to lower the front forks that way. I am looking into purchasing a aftermarket triple clamp and am going to see if that will work. If i figure out how to lower the front, i will let u know. Good luck brotha!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Lower the front by loosening the bolts that secure the clip ons and the triple just enough that you turn the fork tube inside them and work it up to the desired height, do yourself a favor and only do one side at a time.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Lower the front by loosening the bolts that secure the clip ons and the triple just enough that you turn the fork tube inside them and work it up to the desired height, do yourself a favor and only do one side at a time.

On the k7 600 the forks taper up, so they will only come up just a little bit.

·
Registered
596 Posts
yeah my friend bought a 06 and it was lowered by dropping the clip ons down. He cam down from a wheelie kinda hard and the left clip on slid off cause of them being tappered. so after that we rased it back. the easiest and safest way would be to strap it or find out if they make a shim for the forks

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
You cant lower one side at a time, at least not more than 1/8in at a time. I had to loosen up both sides before mine would move anywhere.

·
Registered
705 Posts
yeah my friend bought a 06 and it was lowered by dropping the clip ons down. He cam down from a wheelie kinda hard and the left clip on slid off cause of them being tappered. so after that we rased it back. the easiest and safest way would be to strap it or find out if they make a shim for the forks

I think if you buy an aftermarket triple clamp, that might work, but im not sure. I have heard of getting the forks rebuilt, but again not to sure bc i havent looked into it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
gain some weight LOL, nah im just playing i just had to say it. :laughings

·
Registered
11 Posts
i know the answer

what you need is a ford small block rod bearing(305) i used it, it works perfect. Just buy one from advanced for like 3 bucks use 1/2 of the bearing on each fork it will go in and be a nice snug fit and you wont have to worry about the forks sliding out.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.