Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i bought the bike it was already lowered. well i just started riding and when i hit bumps or dips in the road like at the end of driveways and stuff the forks bottom out and the rear tire hits the undertail. i dont know how to raise it back up. can someone help me.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
click on manaage attachments and upload link from where it is on your computer

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
one of the pictures i used show a stock dogbone (what they are called)
that one is shorter than yours is and to let you know taller the shorter the bike sits
yours have three holes in it usually set for stock height then 2 inches and then 3 inch drop. Your bike seemd to be set at 2 inch drop so what you need to do is grab a floor jack take your plastic off put the jack below the part i posted in other picture. then you would lift it to just where it takes the suspension up a tad. Take bottom bolt out ( may have to re adjust jack to get the right height to take off pressure from that bolt ) then with floor jack you would slowly jack up bike to higher height so that you can slide the bolt back into the highest hole. then you tighten up and your done

One thing also take a picture of your kickstand because some people cut the kickstand so that the bike can sit right rather than up and down.
Now that is the back end

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what are the things in the bottom pic. stock dogbones. alrite what about the front. what part of the top of the fork do i loosen and what is the easiest way to do it. i understand the back now. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I would sure like to buy that adjustable kickstand from you since you don't need it. I would trade you for a stock chromed one or a stock one. Now when you raise it back up you may need to adjust that kickstand out and next on the front I would rather call you to tell you how to raise front what ya number PM or post i call you or vice versa

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Yes those are stock dogbones :thumbup:

lower tripple and upper tripple plus the clip on as well you need a jack and or some way to support bike . If you do it wrong you could possible hurt your self or damage your front fender and all. As far as measuring how high to bring up you would have to look at another bike and measure it. Torque is beyond me I tightend enough that it will not come down (kinda by feel) what ya could do is get a manual it will tell you exact torque

I give ya 60 bucks plus my chromed Kick stand for yours ( mines s lowered and need that kickstand bad)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dont think im gonna raise it back to stock all the way up front so i dont know about the kickstand. ill let you know when i raise it back up

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Okay kickstand will not be required to be canged if your just doing the front but also if you don't have it even watch for the front end turning in quickly

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
These are picture i did last night on my girls bike
pictures are in crazy order but you will need to supprt your bike somehow

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cool. do you have to loosen the top hex nuts on the forks or only the the two bolts on each of pieces that go around the fork. sorry i cant give a better explanation. if someone can outline with paint or something all the spots i have to loosen on a pic that would help. thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Remember this is also for the other side as well on pictures

Its hard to explain over this computer but you need to make sure you have the bike supported .Put a jack under the oil pain bolt for precaustion and if you have a extra person there to help would be good. Its simple but if this is your first time take it easy Also last request on the kickstand hahaha
any more questions email me at [email protected] because I am sure lots of people would not like this explaining over the post systems (i think)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i did it today, we used an engine hoist and took us about 40 mins to do the front and back. thanks for the help guys

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Glad it worked out for you :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts