Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently rode my bike in the rain and now it is filthy.. how do i go apoun washing the bike with out messing anything up either it be paint or electrical or even mechanical. do you sugest using water or just wax or is there any special washing methods out there. please reply .

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
on my stock plastic's i used alot of glass cleaner and a soft towel, but on my custom plastics i used alot of mergualers(i cant spell and to lazy to go out in the garage) gold, and water....., then i used cloth towels to dry it(or old cloth shrits) :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
washing..........

I use car wash liquid, a big sponge and spray it off with the garden hose set on the mist setting. Dry the bike off with micro fibre towles. The wax I use is the Meguair's spray on or Rain X spray on wax. Of course the white wheels are a pain to keep clean. I always put the bike on the rear stand when I wash it............it makes the job easier. And I always hit the chain with some lube after the washing the bike. The whole wash&wax&lube job takes about 1/2 an hour or so. I have it down to a exact science!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
640 Posts
dont get a lot of water in the exhaust or the air ducts, other than that you can soak it. you said you rode it in the rain right.

i use maguires liquid carwash and a terry towel :thumbup:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just hose that sucker down and scrub it up man. You aren't gonna hurt anything. Treat it right. And dry it. Hell, mine has exposed K&N filters...sometimes I forget to cover them and they get wet....a run down the road and a quick trip to the top of the tach will clean her out.

Hose her down, suds her up, dry, wax, ride. :arsenal

·
Registered
707 Posts
so you guys dont think there would be any problem wiyh going to a do it yourself car wash? I know keeping the power washer close to the bike would be a no no. if i kept my distance, like 7 feet from the bike, by then the jet spray is a much lighter mist. We aptartment guys dont have hose bibs. I really want to give it a good wash and wax. right now im looking for a good wax recomended for bikes, so this post is good help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.