Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
The wider the tire you put on your STOCK rim, the higher your tire will go, it can't go wider so it just goes higher!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
even if i put somethin a tiny bit wider on there it will only go tall?? i could understand if you go to a 220 then yes it will go taller but even a 195 will only go up and not wide? doesnt sound right to me.. :headscrat

·
rotaredom
888,895,582 Posts
even if i put somethin a tiny bit wider on there it will only go tall?? i could understand if you go to a 220 then yes it will go taller but even a 195 will only go up and not wide? doesnt sound right to me.. :headscrat
the man posted a responce in the wrong thread.....

what size is your bike? it will go up instead of wide because of the inside wheel width....

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
Your wheel is 5.5" and is designed for a 180. If you go with a 190 or 200 tire, the wheel does not magically get wider to get the desired look you are wanting. The extra width when going from 180 to either 190 or 200 will be squeezed upwards...not outwards. Go with a 1000 swingarm and 6" wheel if you want a wider look or spend $4000+ and go with a 250-300 conversion. However, your 5.5" wheel can take a 200 rear tire but it will not be what you are looking for in looks and definately not in cornering.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Try this: next time you're at Cycle Gear (or your prefered motorbike tire distributor) grab a 180 a 190 and a 200 and put them side by side. Then tell me how wide the 190 or the 200 looks. Seriously, the difference between the 180 and the 190 is roughly the width, not the length, of your pinky (it works for my small hands anyway...). Two pinkies width is the difference between a 180 and a 200. There is not that much difference, and someone looking at it from 6 feet away won't be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I am not discreditting any of the info you have recieved by the fine Gentlemen and gentlegals on this site. But dude I have done it....bought a used 96 srad 5+ years ago...As you , I wanted a little fatter look, yeah yeah i looks cool. I stuffed a 200 on the back of mine. True it aint that big of a visual difference, but you can see the diffrence. It is a little .... just a little sluggish in the turns, but not that much . I got the look im looking 4 and sacrificed a little in the turns....but i stretched it and lost quite a bit of handling in the turns.......but it looks SWEEEEET!!!!!!! Big Ups 2 SRAD`s.......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts