Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok short and sweet my hole full system from pump all the way to the exhaust put a brand new battery in today and ts doing the other battery when you try and turn it over it sounds like the battery is dying and this one is is brand new. So I wonder if I got a ground issue and bike will just turn over want start

·
Mod of the North
30,149 Posts
I would second what Q said. Check your voltages. 12.5V with the key off and 14.5ish with the bike running @about 2000rpm.

·
Registered
2004 GSXR 600, 1992 GSXR 750, 1983 XN85 Turbo & some Euro bikes
295 Posts
I’ll third the suggestion that you may have a ground issue. You may also have a starter relay issue. Or simply a connection issue between the battery & starter relay. Or between the relay and the starter.

Start at the battery, work your way to the starter. Check each connection at the connector terminal and at the component. You can have power to it but not at it if you have corrosion between the terminals.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll fourth what everyone else is saying. This was a brand new battery I ordered for my KTM.I charged it up on a battery tender and it's been working fine. If I tested a battery that was in my bike and it had this voltage I'd be worried. If voltage is good, get a service manual with electrical diagrams and start there.

Motor vehicle Gas Electronic device Machine Auto part

1 - 5 of 5 Posts