Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, let me tell you about the bike, it was an 01' gsxr750 with enlarged valves, titanium valve springs, yoshimura cam sprockets, yosh full titanium Tri-Oval exhaust, and finally Yoshimura EMS for mapping and ignition control.

First of all, I DON'T REMEMBER SHIT FROM ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE AND AFTER,
but imagine waking up in the hospital and hearing that somebody pulled out in front of you at about, but not surely, 70-100 MPH and you have shattered you're right wrist and fingers, broken 4 ribs, collapsed your lung, ripped your face open and pushed your nose into your face, gashed you inner thigh on both sides right next to my boys(if you know what i mean), tore both ankles up, and pretty much road rash in alot of places. That's some crazy shit that really pisses me off because most people do not pay attention to bikes. For one thing i do not race on crowded streets so even though i don't remember the wreck, i know it was his fault, he was ticketed by the police and now i have to start the lawsuit. Just medical bills alone cost 120,000 so far, not to mention the bike, lost wages, and being f******g houseridden. But as soon as i'm able i will have a Gsxr1000 05' and if you read this, i'll keep yall informed

This took alot of time to type being right handed and only having your left.

Be careful

Tony Gsxr750Yosh-Powered (no more)

·
Registered
124 Posts
That sucks man. A buddy of mine just had the same thing happen to him, and judging from what I saw of his wreck, be glad you don't remember it. The guy that pulled out in front of him was drunk too. F**ker!!! Anyway, he's doing the whole lawsuit thing right now too. I hope you get better, and it's good to hear that you're still gonna ride. Don't let one asshole ruin your life any more than he already did. Stay up bro.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hell No, I love ridin and most of all i love racin on the track in gainesville,
i can't live without my bike.
thanks for replyin be safe its a dodging game on the street

take care

·
Registered
124 Posts
yeah, he just got cleared to drive a car again, but he still can't move his wrist ( steel plate in there now) I'ts his throttle hand too! that sucks, but he's already out lookin' for his next bike. He's jealous of my liter, says he's wants something that can take mine.......good luck, right? Took me almost ten years to buy a new bike after my wreck. That shit set me back 6 months, I still don't remember that six months.....don't want to either, you know?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats weird i have two steel plates in my two bones close to the wrist, and also cant twist my throttle wrist either, my fingers are the worst though cant hardly move them on my right hand but as soon as i can i will be gripping that throttle again and loving every second of it. but until then gotta be patient. just like you said dont wanna remember this shit.

take care peace

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Man glad your able to type this and hope for both you and teh other person friend gets better and also find out what ins company he has and your gonna have to contact your insurance company as well. Just for your BI (body injuries). Your ins company will pay medical until you exhaust however much you have on your limits then the other ins company will take care of PD (property damage). It will take sometime so take it easy and don't rush re-hab or it will mess you up in the long run. If you get a attny then make sure he calls the other ins company as well as your own. If you can try to get policy number from other person and keep copies of everything that involves bills and keep them) Lastly Don't rely on your attny to keep copies of all your information

·
Registered
88 Posts
You've detailed your injuries, but how about describing the gear you were wearing? I always like to see the accident, the gear, and the injuries listed together to get an idea of how effective various levels of safety gear are.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Sorry to hear that crap man, I hate cage drivers, they never pay attention, thats why lots of them are missing mirrors!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
man that sux dude, glad your still here to talk about it. that same shit almost happened to me yesterday goin down the interestate. while I was goin to pass a truck they just veered over right in front of me good thing I was only at about there bumper and had time to stop and get out of the way, instead of already being beside them. these people just dont watch around them these days while driving. sue the sh** out of them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was wearing jeans and a long flanell shirt and a shoei helmet. if it wasn't for the helmet it would've been alot worse than a moderate brain hemmorage. sux i wasn't wearin my track jacket would've cut down on the roadrash. but also in response i have a lawyer that is currently checking the maximum limits of the other guys insurance, that's who's payin for it.

Take care everybody yall be safe

Tony

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, my boy was wearing a leather jacket(it's trashed), jeans(also trashed) and this helmet that he and his girl bought.....Scorpion, inexpensive. I think they payed 150 bucks, but man that helmet held up like a champ.!! I would recommend one to anyone that wants a good helmet for a little cash.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Glad you're still with us brotha, hate to hear about the accident but in time ALL wounds will heal and then you'll be back out there!get well man and take care of you, i hope that you get enough from the suit to cover everything and then some. :thumbup:

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
Damn man, that sucks! Get well soon. Fucking cagers.

Anyway...i fucking crashed my car at going 130mph+ and wrapped it around a pole. Car was torn to shreds.

I woke up in the car, (hearing my cellphone ring faintly cause it flew outta the car) seeing blood everywhere and flashlights, and firefighters and EMTs trying to pull me outta the car with the jaws of life. Spend 2 days in the hospital. Didn't break shit, just bruised till the point i couldn't walk. Took me a very long time to heal. Couldn't walk for about 2 weeks...was able sorta afterwards.

And i couldn't remember shit...thats what bugs me the most. Hate that. So I def know how you feel. Its just like it never happened.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Glad your still here to talk about it. Thanks for sharing you expierience, keeps the rest of us on our toes. Just by writing what happened(left handed), your story might save someone else's life. Take care and speedy recovery.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm new to this website, and i hate to hear these stories because i am about to purchase a gsxr600 myself. I hope you get better man. I hope you get more than enough money from that asshole to get you a new bike, pay your bills, and enjoy riding once again. Hope you heal soon and get back on your feet and ready to ride.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't ever let an accident discourage you

It's been about 6 months since the wreck and i'm able to type w\ both hands.
I LOVE RIDING, AND MOST OF ALL RACING, and as soon as i get a little better at the wrist movements and my back, and also when i get enough money, i'll be back(I Cant Wait). For those who really ride you know that it is an addiction and also a great lifestyle. But i'm just really gettin back on the computer, i appreciate all the love from yall. But never let the fear of something keep you from doing it, you gotta do what you love, otherwise why are we here? I'll let you know when i'm back racin and anybody in jax, FL come on. Too bad, i ain't runnin my 01' 750 w\ 159.2 BHP @ 12,200, but it gives me a goal to beat my best time of 8.793 @163.67 MPH. I'll let you know how the 1000 compares to my old 750(God i miss it)

Be Safe

GSXR750YOSH-POWERED

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
good luck brotha!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good to see you're still here with us man. It's amazing how you see people in cars etc. not looking at who's there. I used to see alot of it before i started riding....then i got a bike and became REALLY familiar with it....REALLY quick! I hope that everything heals quickly, correctly, and ass painlessly as possible, and that once you get your new ride, you post some pictures for us...the pain sucks, but the recovery, and the return to riding like a bat out of hell is even better. Keep your head up brother...you're brothers and sisters are pulling for you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts