Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I’m new to the motorcycle world, so I purchased an 03 GSXR 750 to practice mechanical, tech, and overall riding experience. The thought was to learn everything and do everything myself (I’m open to taking to shops for things out of my knowledge barrier. subject line was a joke...mostly). So far I’ve discovered that the shifter rod thread is damaged, tried to doctor It, but the headache became to much...new part ordered. I’ve discovered that I was also misinformed about the right break light just needing a new bulb, got an integrated lighting system and found that there is a deeper issue, only have left turn signals (still working on figuring that out). And I’m in search for a speedometer as the one on the bike does some very odd things, like missing numbers on the odometer but the same digits work on other displays....not sure if that’s a battery thing or not.

but after I let this thing kick my ass for about a year I hope to have enough knowledge to purchase something a tad newer and be confident i can handle most things on my own

-Major

·
Super Moderator
9,008 Posts
Welcome. First bike?

Having the service manual is really helpful and it has wiring diagrams in the back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir, and I can’t find a 03 manual anywhere! I’ve been using the 03 600 book. And I also downloaded the wiring diagram for my model just to be sure. Do you think it could be anything to do with the relay ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts