Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ok so I let the bike warm up to 223 and the fan kicked on. Only thing is it drops the temp down to 219 and then turns off. Keep a doing this but never keeps going below 219.
So yeah, its working. I know on my K3 it wouldn't turn on till 200 then it would kick back off at 180. These bikes are made to run normally between about 160 and 250 degrees and they run better towards the hot side of it. Your not really going to be in any trouble until about 260-270. You've got plenty of room to play with, while riding, mine sat at about 180 and would shoot up to about 220 while stuck in traffic.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I think that Suzuki 17680-50F00 cycles about 20 °F cooler. It's available from many aftermarket sources for much less. The temperature rise at lights can be unnerving but it serves the purpose of boiling out any moisture that condensed in the crankcase. I think that the real purpose is emissions related. I'd be inclined to leave it as is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the replys. Yea definitely not going to plug in a new ecu until I figure out what fried it. I'm going to have to trace all the wires. I feel like something is ether not grounded properly or theres a short in the wiring. Battery was definitely hooked up properly. The key was on for a good minute or so before the start switch was pushed. As soon as It was pushed was when the ecu fried. Could it also be a bad voltage regulator? Also is it possible to crank the motor without the ecu? Trying to do a compression check. Trying to hunt down a service manual so I can figure out where all the wires should go.
Buddy brought over a 05 gsxr-750 to fix. It died on him while driving. I replaced the ignition switch and after 2m I smelled the ecu hot like what happened to you. Replaced the ecu and it primed a few times then the fuel pump relay failed. I replaced it and the bike runs now. I feel like there's a deeper issue and not sure if this helps any one but the bikes working now.

·
Administrator
12,179 Posts
Buddy brought over a 05 gsxr-750 to fix. It died on him while driving. I replaced the ignition switch and after 2m I smelled the ecu hot like what happened to you. Replaced the ecu and it primed a few times then the fuel pump relay failed. I replaced it and the bike runs now. I feel like there's a deeper issue and not sure if this helps any one but the bikes working now.
This is a 3 year old thread.

Did you check the charging voltage on your buddies bike before giving it back?

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Fried your ECU? With onions, peppers?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts