Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of a bike thats been lowered one inch in the front and rear? I am thinking of lowering my bike a little, but wanted to see what an inch would do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chris:D

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Does anyone have any pics of a bike thats been lowered one inch in the front and rear? I am thinking of lowering my bike a little, but wanted to see what an inch would do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chris:D
why are you lowering it? are you not tall enough? if that is the reason just shave the seat.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well....im not that tall, but i also am wanting to lower it for looks. I have talked with a lot of people and know what the effects of lowering a bike are. I dont ride my bike that often and when i do, i just cruise.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think it would be easier to lower it than shaving the seat and getting it re upholstered. I dont see why you need pics thou? Just do it, all you need to buy is a set of dog bones for the rear, then just slide the forks up an inch in the front.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it would be easier to lower it than shaving the seat and getting it re upholstered. I dont see why you need pics thou? Just do it, all you need to buy is a set of dog bones for the rear, then just slide the forks up an inch in the front.

I would like pictures bc i want to see how much a inch will lower the bike.

·
Registered
582 Posts
go in the pics thread and look at mine, its lowered 2 front and rear and at the angle those pics are it probably looks 1 front and rear because the kickstand had it sitting straight up I had to park at an angle...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys for all your input!

Chris:thumbup:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have one more question....the kit i was looking at was either 1" or 3" for the front and rear. I was wanting to go 1.5" or 2", but didnt know how low is to low. I ride my bike around town and when i lower my bike, i dont want t have to worry about going over bumps and things to that nature. So what is a good set up to have for that kind of riding? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think lowering an inch would be pretty good for still being streetable and not bottoming out on stuff. What does this "lowering kit" give you for lowering the front? All you gota do to lower the front is loosen the tripple clamps and slide the forks up an inch, dont need a kit for that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What bike do you have... I have a set of Pingel lowering links Im not going to be using. Ill make you a deal... You dont have enough posts for a PM.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was talking with a guy at the local motorcycle shop and he stated there is a specific lowering link for the rear of each bike. I have a K7 600. He stated he recommends me lower the front and rear of the bike the same. What does everyone else think of this?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I think he wants you to spends your cashmoney at his shop. People lower their bikes at different rates all the time. I've seen -2 in the front and -1.5 in the back. I don't think it matters.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I have one more question....the kit i was looking at was either 1" or 3" for the front and rear. I was wanting to go 1.5" or 2", but didnt know how low is to low. I ride my bike around town and when i lower my bike, i dont want t have to worry about going over bumps and things to that nature. So what is a good set up to have for that kind of riding? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Chris
1-3in you should be fine for everyday street riding. I went down considerably more and I have to dodge speedbumps and thins like that. My buddy went down 3" in the rear and 1" in the front so his poor little feet would touch the ground and he does fine on the streets.

I think lowering an inch would be pretty good for still being streetable and not bottoming out on stuff. What does this "lowering kit" give you for lowering the front? All you gota do to lower the front is loosen the tripple clamps and slide the forks up an inch, dont need a kit for that.
The give nothing for the front. Most of the time depending on how low you go, you have to come up with your own shims between the forks and clamps. That's a whole nother ordeal right there. And simple hand tools will suffice.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
My bike is -1.5 in the front and -4 in the rear! To stay streetable You could do 2 in the rear and 1.5 in the front! I'm always worried about bottoming out on the street but thats part of having the bike set up the way it is! My roomates 750 is -1.5 in the front and 2 in the rear. Still sits off the ground and rides well!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.