Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in AZ with the stupid ass speed cameras on every corner and up ur ass too. even the red light cameras..

ok my question is if ur flashed and you have a helmet on can you still legally recieve the ticket even though the are not sure BARD that it is you actually riding the bike?

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have thought about this defense as well. It seems pretty strong because I feel you should not be held accountable for other people's actions even if it is your vehicle. However, seems to me the judge would think alright just bring in whoever was driving and we will give him the ticket. So unless it was reported stolen it seems logical you would know who was on your bike.

Just the way my brain processes the situation. In short, I would talk to a lawyer about but don't get your hopes up.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have thought about this defense as well. It seems pretty strong because I feel you should not be held accountable for other people's actions even if it is your vehicle. However, seems to me the judge would think alright just bring in whoever was driving and we will give him the ticket. So unless it was reported stolen it seems logical you would know who was on your bike.

Just the way my brain processes the situation. In short, I would talk to a lawyer about but don't get your hopes up.
Just tell the judge that you were selling your bike and someone was taking it for a test drive.

If he asks why you'd let a total stranger ride your bike...

Tell him he gave you all the cash you were asking up front to hold on to while he took the ride.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
It sucks but it will still be your fault regardless. Unless you really weren't riding and whoever was wants to tag along to court and admit to it, your'e better off just paying the ticket.

I blew through a light in a government van before, and because they couldnt see who it was and 20+ people drove the van too, and I never signed a dispatch your guesse is as good as mine on who gets the ticket.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just man up and take your ticket if it was you riding. You screwed up and got caught. Fair game, pay the fine and move along.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think they've changed the law here in AZ. Now it's the registered vehicle's owner that's held responsible UNLESS they inform the powers that be who the operator at the time was.

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
have your fun outside the city where there are no camera's..dont need to be rippin it up in the city limits...endanger yourself and others sorta thing....or....take it to the track so you can tear it up all you want...my .02 :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
In the UK, they can still kick your ass by fining you up to 200 gbp for not disclosing the name of the driver/rider/operator. And lets face it guys, even if you were holding the guys cash you'd still be pretty f**king stupid not to even have asked the blokes name. Agreed?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
^^ Agreed. Just pay the ticket homie.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
I think they've changed the law here in AZ. Now it's the registered vehicle's owner that's held responsible UNLESS they inform the powers that be who the operator at the time was.

I work at a shop here in Chandler (live in Mesa)...and I have gotten two tickets. First was on the 101N. The other was going through a light at Scottsdale and Thomas. I went to my shop the next day and wrote up to repair orders...saved them for the court date, and said my bike was on a test drive. The judge threw them both out. But told me to tell the "shop" to take it easy on the streets. When he said shop, he made quote signs with his hands too. lol!

Oh well, still got them both dismissed! :arsenal

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I work at a shop here in Chandler (live in Mesa)...and I have gotten two tickets. First was on the 101N. The other was going through a light at Scottsdale and Thomas. I went to my shop the next day and wrote up to repair orders...saved them for the court date, and said my bike was on a test drive. The judge threw them both out. But told me to tell the "shop" to take it easy on the streets. When he said shop, he made quote signs with his hands too. lol!

Oh well, still got them both dismissed! :arsenal
LOL Nice....:cool:

·
Registered
246 Posts
get the fender eliminator and your good to go :D j/k

my license plate sits pretty far down right above my rear hugger and its tilted a bit. I've never ran a red light before but if i do i hope it helps :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
get the fender eliminator and your good to go :D j/k

my license plate sits pretty far down right above my rear hugger and its tilted a bit. I've never ran a red light before but if i do i hope it helps :D
:hmmm: Ever stop and think that the reason cops are hardasses on us is because people do things like this? Why can't people just abide by the laws.......well except the occassional speeding in a completely rural area ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
funny this thread came up.. i too have my plate above the hugger facing down barely see it when you push it up.. and i got stopd cus forgot to bend it back when i saw the cop.. lol.. i use it when i got thru the washington brigde.. def. not paying 7 bucks coming to NY from NJ.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.