Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need someones input on weather or not it will mess my engine up due to lack of back pressure if i take my stock can off and run it that way,will it blow any seal, rings, or will it act normally and run fine just loud.oh i have a 98 gsxr 600 srad and its carburated

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
You will not damage, of blow anything up in the motor, the bike will just run poorly, loosing power down low and in the midrange, perhaps making a little more are peak RPM, IF the fuel is properly sorted. The main damage you will do is to your ears as you hurt your hearing after a while, and to your friends, who will no longer want to ride with you.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Should be fine. An old work friend of mine took the pipes off and just ran some chrome tips from the autoparts store on his 99' Busa. He had it like that for years.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
Well, taking off the can itself will cause no problems with the engine, since all the backpressure needed to keep from frying the valves is made up to the collector point, but if you were to remove the exhaust entirely, yes you would toast your valves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.