Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I ride a k9 750. Or I rode a k9 750 before some utter toolbag decided to illegaly u-turn in front of it.:damn:
Now it is in the shop getting repaired as the fairings were pretty much the only thing damaged. ( the flushmounts and barends weren't covered.) Thing is though, I went over and managed to land hard on my left flank. Now my back is damaged and I can't maintain the Gixxer crouch for very long. :bike:

I guess I am looking for opinions on how to get the weight off my lower back so I can still ride her. Lowering links? raised bars? Lowered front and back with bars on top of tripples? Any help sugestions etc. would be awesome.

Cheers.

·
Registered
873 Posts
truth is man you have to go cruiser or stop riding

I've seen this many times, even getting the ninja 650 that is made for upright isn't very great , but this is the best it'll get for a sports bike , a ninja 650 that has upright sitting position.

go cruiser or get prescribed painkillers (oxycontin, perocet , demanding on your pain) maybe that'd help.

All I know is alot of friends I know whom had back problems were forced to sell it in the end, they could handle the pain and just ride because they loved it so much but it was damaging their b ack worse.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A friend of mine has carpal tunnel and is in a somewhat similar situation and yet different one as yours (wrists versus back). He converted his Yamaha R1 to a streetfighter to get more upright and its helped alot. Sometimes he will take a week or two off from riding just to recover but I know he will never stop riding--20 years of this addiction cant be turned off--its in his blood.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you looked into any threapy for your back?
Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing; my wife has really bad back problems and she started doing yoga and says that it has really helped. We go on some long rides with a group here in Kansas and it used to bother her back a lot; you'd be surprised what strenghtening your body's core can do.

That or as previously mentioned . . . lotsa drugs!:D

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
While prescription drugs can be fun, they do not mix with bikes IMO. They affect everyone a little differently and could cause a concentration issue. I would recommend yoga first.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This sucks man, I really hope it all works out for you. I'm kinda in the same boat, I cant ride for no longer than an hour before my back and wrist start to kill me. I don't hate a cruiser, I just love the sportbike..... but if it comes down to it, it may be the only choice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ever heard of ape hangers? what are you waiting for? youll be the first one. hell ill trade my gsxr for a nice harley any day. only problem, the harley is 20000 plus dollars compared to my gsxr thats losing value as i speak.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i agree that painkillers and riding dont mix. i have back problems as well, my only advise would be to get a brace, therapy, and take lots of breaks.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
As already stated get your back stronger... ie work out/yoga!... Martial arts is what I chose
I messed up my back in a car accident and now can spend all day on the bike...
At any rate I would get my body stronger be for I sold my bike.
Good luck to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.