Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a pretty neglected 750 fr nearly 20 years ago, ran great on test drive and then I put some gas in and it grabbed onto all of the rust on the tank.

Cleaned the filter and pump, cleaned the rust out of the tank and put everything together, started up great but the cluster gauge didn't come on, just the neutral light. Thought nothing of it, problem for later just want to take a quick spin and make sure everything is working. Take off, get about 10 seconds down the road, about to give it some gas and it dies. Now it won't start, I've taken the pump out to check if I messed up the wiring but it's as it was when I took it out. The ground wire has been spliced and sleeved, I'm thinking that's my issue but I'm not entirely sure

It still cranks but won't fire

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

·
Mod of the North
28,848 Posts
I am confused. You bought it 20 years ago and are trying to start it now? Yeah. Ground wire. Also, there are two filters - one is the filter sock at the bottom of the pum - the other is a secondary filter inside the pump housing. It needs to be back flushed as well.

Charge the battery up and spray a little WD40 into the intakes while you crank to see if it fires. If it does you have a fuel problem still. If not chase electrical. Spark plugs etc .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts