Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been through my 1996 GSXR 1100w carbs a few times with a recent rebuild kit, changed all gaskets and 1-2, 3-4 carb rubber connectors (sorry, I don’t know the correct name) and still have a carb leaking. It is #2. I am going to try and replace all floats. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy outside of OEM, suzukipartsmonster.com, or should I just stick with new OEM?

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Unless the float itself is physically broken, no need to replace. If memory serves me correctly, the float valve seat is brass with an oring pressed in. It's held in place by a 3mm Phillips screw. When that oring leaked around the float seat it will drive people nuts trying to find it.
Technology Tool Font Cylinder Auto part

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless the float itself is physically broken, no need to replace. If memory serves me correctly, the float valve seat is brass with an oring pressed in. It's held in place by a 3mm Phillips screw. When that oring leaked around the float seat it will drive people nuts trying to find it. View attachment 299622
Thanks, I have replaced the valve needles and seats, that is where I started and then replaced the gaskets and carb connectors. I am thinking I have a bad float that is absorbing fuel, then of course sticks open.

·
Administrator
12,179 Posts
Thanks, I have replaced the valve needles and seats, that is where I started and then replaced the gaskets and carb connectors. I am thinking I have a bad float that is absorbing fuel, then of course sticks open.
If you have phenolic floats and you think one is getting fuel logged, just compare the weight with the others after soaking for awhile.
The hollow plastic or brass floats are easy to check. Just shake them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have phenolic floats and you think one is getting fuel logged, just compare the weight with the others after soaking for awhile.
The hollow plastic or brass floats are easy to check. Just shake them.
I have the all plastic floats, cage...Sorry, no pics right now, the carbs are still in the bike, I was writing this to be ready for when I have them apart. rv6john, great idea, take the floats out and soak them, then weigh to see if one is getting logged. I appreciate the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts