Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 gsxr 600. I need to know what i can do to make this bike faster?? i have already changed the sprockets down 1 in the front and up 2 in the back. what else can i do so im able to keep up with the 1000cc bikes?:arsenal

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you want to keep up with 1000s then buy a 1000. Seriously tho 600s are best in the tight twisties where h.p. is not as important just learn to ride the hell out of it and all your strait line friends will be working there ass of to keep up.

·
Registered
612 Posts
You could try nitrous. You can also tune the suspension for best results. Your choice of gearing I'm not sure of. But I do know when I'd fly it up to 100mph in first i think you will of been cursing going through a couple of gears while the 1000 screams away. Then I think gearing down might help light hopping but you loose what ever top end there was. The 600 is a great for the curves. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you want to keep up with 1000s then buy a 1000. Seriously tho 600s are best in the tight twisties where h.p. is not as important just learn to ride the hell out of it and all your strait line friends will be working there ass of to keep up.
+1 on that...or just get a busa, but if you are into twisties, there is nothing like a 600, you can push it as hard as you want, idk 1000 are just not forgiving bikes at all, great for the drag though.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
you got 3 options.

1. Buy a 1000
2. spend thousands on the motor internals....
3. learn to ride the track and no offense learn to drive the balls off you 600.

Most people think they can ride, but they cant ride to the best of their bikes abilities. And a 1000 can take twisties just as well as a 600 if you know how to ride one. Look at the specs, the new ones have very little weight difference.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a 2008 gsxr 600. I need to know what i can do to make this bike faster?? i have already changed the sprockets down 1 in the front and up 2 in the back. what else can i do so im able to keep up with the 1000cc bikes?:arsenal
buy a 1000, the amout of money you dump into your 600 to get it anywhere near a 1000 will most likely end up costing you more.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Seriously tho 600s are best in the tight twisties where h.p. is not as important just learn to ride the hell out of it and all your strait line friends will be working there ass of to keep up.
3. learn to ride the track and no offense learn to drive the balls off you 600.

Most people think they can ride, but they cant ride to the best of their bikes abilities.
+1 improve the rider

try a track day and some very good tires which do make a diffrence

im on a 600 and i can keep up with the 1K's when we do the back roads cuz as soon as the twisties come, im on his tail

and i have friends with 750's that leave us on the sixxers and thous in the dust. its the rider!

·
Registered
426 Posts
+10000 to all the above...

Ur options are pretty simple.... Learn on the track and be an ace on that 600 or sell ur bike and buy a 1000 to keep up... Personally I ryde a k7 750 and I can hold my own against a 1000 yet track days will make me a hell of a lot better...

·
Registered
272 Posts
There's only about 25 pounds difference in my K8 literbike and the k8 600, which has mostly been compensated for with new exhaust and wheels.

Some of the 600s I ride with are decently modded (within reason) and yes, there's nothing they can do on the straights. However, in the twisties, I can't push the 1000 any harder than a 600, the handling is the same. Only difference? I get cool points power-wheelie'ing out of the turns. I take my 600 out, we're neck and neck in the turns. On the 1000, same deal. Mine is just a LOT less forgiving. Pound for pound, a 600 is more fun in the twisties because you can really roach on them and they'll just stick there.

Remember, these bikes are made for turns, it's what makes them fun. Learn to love yours for what it can do, accept it's not a 1000, and move on. And no, don't bother upgrading. A bigger engine won't make you faster, it'll just get you hurt. My k8 is unforgiving as all hell. To be honest, it took 13 years of riding sport bikes to feel comfortable on it and really push what she can do, and I'm still not riding 90% on her (at least I don't feel it).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.