Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
same as above . I can get the rear wheel up at slow speeds while coming to an abrubt stop. I am just wondering what speeds to try them at what not to do , any little hints and/or tips will help. What are the best road conditions , what are the best tires , what are the best brakes , weather, body positioning, brake grabbing technichs , do you keep your arms locked , do you have any specific thing that would help with heith of the rear wheel IE: what do you see when you arer high enogh? The reason I ask that quetion is because when i am riding a wheeliie I know I am high enough when i can see the front fender . ( that also might paly a little part with heighth)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
you want to have a good front tire, plenty of tread left on it, and warm that sucker up before you start. The warmer it is the easier, so a hot day is going to be easier instead of a cold day since the tire will stick better and won't skid or lock up as easy.
I'd start out around 35-40 or so, cement parking lots are the best, and gradually get on the brake and compress the forks, you don't want to give it all the brake at once because you'll lock it right up, instead get the forks almost completely down and give it a little more brake.
it's all about being nice and easy with it, take it smooth, the first bunch of passes you might not even get the rear wheel up, but you just get more used to how the bike feels.
I like to hold the tank tight with my knees and lean forward a little bit, not much else.
Just take it slow and easy and have fun. Just don't do them on public streets until you get real comfy with them, you don't want to roll through a intersection.
There's a bunch of really good posts over at stuntlife.com too.

·
Registered
317 Posts
check out uponone.com under their how to sectin there are a few write ups on stoppies. I want to learn them but I dont want to wreck and there is very little room for error. I'm trying though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Make sure that you keep your foot off the back brake. This will retard you from going up. Like they say 30-40 is a good speed. To do pop ups you can go a little slower just to get the feel. Thats just jamming the brake and hanging on. you'll be surprised doing 15 and pop up!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
^^^ idiot. Only squids do pop up, and they are the ones most easily wrecked. You slam the front brake at 4-5 and the back wheel shoots up, all while you hope you don't flip. You have almost no control over the stoppie after you get on the brake. Also with these, it's really easy to just lock up the front wheel and wash out, or even get the wheel up a little bit and THEN lock up the front wheel, then you're screwed. Don't give advise if you don't know what you're talking about.

·
Registered
317 Posts
not necesarilly, i used to just pop it up all the time. still do every now and then. The idioits are the ones that don't think through what they are trying to do and just slam the brake going too fast, then they either go over the front or skid the tire. You just need to know when to let go of the brake. start with them small and work your way up. I had a friend like that and just would do it he also wrecked twice that i know of and gave up cause he too thaught that it was wrong. just read through the how to's on uponone.com there are write ups on how to do each type

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.