Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was changing my plugs a few days ago and decided i was gonna idle my bike up a little, at a standstill it sets at about 2 grand, can anyone see this as being a problem, i haven't yet and the bike responds alot quicker, some techs have told me it wont hurt a thing just thought i'd get some more opinions :thumbup: i also noticed that since the idle up roll ons seem to be a little trickier i guess it's a matter of un-torqued out higher rpms :hmmm:

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem just a little louder than usual I have mines set just under 1500

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
The only problem you will have is when you are sitting in traffic its going to heat up a lot quicker and possibly overheat. If your sitting in traffic just make sure to keep an eye on the temp guage.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm good on that, i got my fan switch and had a custom aluminum fan made to replace the plastic one, works well. still got the same housing though.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
yes tell us more about the fan!

but also i have mine idling about that right now any lower and it bogs out at the take off

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
r_meintel said:
Where/who made your fan for you?
you can get an aluminum one made by muzzy for the gsxr's for $36.95 Retail.

You can get it from any parts unlimited dealer. Its on Page 94 of the 2004 Street book.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
is that for all years???

that pretty cheap where can i get a copy of that catalog?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, pick up the muzzy fan it's way easier than what they went threw 2 make my fan at a custom cycle shop....they work great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.