Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've got a 2006 GSXR 600 that does not want to idle when the engine is not warmed up to around 174°F. We've adjusted the tps, stps, plugs are new NGK, swapped the ecu and coils with a properly running GSXR 600 of the same year, replaced the wiring harness, and added a PC3 with a tune and still has an issue. We have also tested for vacuum leaks and couldn't find any. We have tried to adjust the idle and also compensate using the throttle cable adjustment too, when cold it will just die. After it is warmed up, it runs fine and will idle without a problem. If you try to adjust the idle when it is warmed up, it will idle fine then skyrocket really high. The last thing I can think of is the charcoal filter is disconnected as well, but I've heard of people doing that without an issue. Has anyone else experienced something like this and hopefully someone can shed some light on a possible fix? I'm also based out of Bakersfield CA if anyone is close by and wants to take a look. Thanks guy, safe riding.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
First thing I would do is set the idle to 1300rpm once warmed up.

The k6 has a fast idle setting for cold starting/running. My k7 600 also had an issue with cold starts when I bought it, but got it adjusted by my mechanic easily and had no further issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree, up the idea a bit and forget about it it. you could try spraying carb cleaning into the intake. It may cleanup the throttles and the idle control valve and it may fix the issue too

·
Registered
302 Posts
^That also caught my eye. He says that "the charcoal filter is disconnected". I'd like to know exactly what that means as adjusting the idle may be moving the throttle plate past a bleed hole for it. Alternately, there might be some leaks in the associated hoses. Finally, I don't see any mention of setting the fast idle. I'm unfamiliar with the details of his bike but assume that it's similar to my K6 1000, which has an extensive procedure for setting it that involves using the TPS test harness.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So we did find a leak last night, and will be addressing that a little later today after work. The fast idle adjustment we haven't touched yet, I know those hardly ever need to be messed with so we left it as is. The idle speed set to 1,300 is kinda tricky though. I would like it to stay there, but it looks like we have it there, then upon giving it throttle, it will not fall back to 1,300. Or it will randomly shoot up on its own. I found a video on youtube I'll post a link to below that is exactly what mone is doing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so we got the one leak fixed but it didn't solve the problem. So I'm sure there is another leak somewhere. Does anyone a diagram of the vacuum system? I want to make sure we've checked all the lines, and I feel like we have checked what you can see by the throttle bodies, but that we might be missing a few lines. Thanks, and sorry for the late update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts