Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who's running them and what are you using for an idle cable? I did the vaccum hose and a bolt trick but I would rather have an extended idle cable like I did on my 04 05. Just wondered if anyone used them on their 06 07.

post pics!!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
i tried finding one for my 08 with no luck, i swear the manual had a special part number for it, but maybe the it was the 07 service manual, try looking in there for the cable's part number and go from there but as far as finding one on the internet i cant either and i want one, im starting to wonder if i can go to kawi an get one for a zx-6 or zx-10 and see if that fits

·
Banned
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
grab a honda 900rr idle cable and your good. just found the part number and will be grabbing one tomorrow from my local honda dealer
part number 16029-MAS-600

·
Registered
916 Posts
who's running them and what are you using for an idle cable? I did the vaccum hose and a bolt trick but I would rather have an extended idle cable like I did on my 04 05. Just wondered if anyone used them on their 06 07.

post pics!!!
what is this mod?

·
Live Fast Die FUN
14,135 Posts
They are extending their idle control cables so when they stunt they can easily bump up their idle with out any effort.

·
Registered
693 Posts
They are extending their idle control cables so when they stunt they can easily bump up their idle with out any effort.
exactly, somewhat like cruise control if you wanna do a drunken fool =p the bike drives itself, you lean it so it gos in circles and lay back and do whatever, stunter13 a great stunter from germany likes to jerk off like this LOL

can smooth out wheelies if you're learning

or can help the advanced rider pull off no handed wheelies

do you think this will work on my 08 though? (thanks tons for the part number) because my idle adjustment is like someone cut the head off a bolt and put the rest of the bolt through it.. this cable should replace just the bolt head-like part right?
you should post pics once you get it in there

·
Banned
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it in today. Obviously the threads are off but with a thread kit it's an easy mod. Take off airbox, loosen up and lift throttle bodies, remove idle screw, rethread to match Honda idle cable, pit back together and your done.

Add smoke a pack of cigs, drink three beers, run around in circles bitching before all of that and that's what I did lol.

Case in point: do shit the right way first even if it takes longer and it's worth it.

·
Banned
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how did you re-thread it, and what year 900rr?
I heard you don;t have to rethread if you find one off an old suzuki 1100 or something, I dunno but I just used a thread tap and worked it in and out until my idle cable turned in and out of it smoothly. It was off like a 01 or something, SUPER LONG:thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I heard you don;t have to rethread if you find one off an old suzuki 1100 or something, I dunno but I just used a thread tap and worked it in and out until my idle cable turned in and out of it smoothly. It was off like a 01 or something, SUPER LONG:thumbup:
all the honda idle cables work the are all the same except for the length.

·
Banned
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, you need to still be able to use the throttle to the fullest, just need the idle bumped up to kill throttle chop for smoother and easier controled slow wheelies:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does somebody know what size is Kawasaki ZX6R's or ZX10R's idle adjustment screw?
Kawasaki part looks just like Yoshimura part http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/prodcat/779-508-0000-suzuki-gsxr1000-2007-14-long-idle-adjust-screw.asp
Kawasaki - http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-08-Kawasaki-ZX6R-ZX6-R-ZX-6R-Idle-Adjustment-Screw-Bolt-B193-22195-/140975895096

I have disabled the ISC valve and now I have to lift the tank to adjust idle. GSX-R's screw is 5mm.
you need to get an SRAD idle adjutment cable part number 13267-34E00 they ar $66 from your suzuki dealer.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
you need to get an SRAD idle adjutment cable part number 13267-34E00 they ar $66 from your suzuki dealer.
Yep, K7 1000 has M5x0.8 and Kawa M5x0.5. Looks like older GSX-Rs have M5x0.5. I bought a Kawa adjuster and I made an adapter...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts