Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 GSXR-750 with only 4,000 miles, just bought it and the bike sat all last year. When I start it it will idle at 1200 for about 3-4 seconds then go down to 900-1000 and pulsate and often it will shut-off, even when warm and up to temperature. I searched and a lot of people adjusted the idle screw which I am thinking about doing and I am in the process of running a full tank of gas through it since it sat for so long. Do you think adjusting the idle screw will solve my problem? Thanks guys

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yep, sounds like your idle is a bit low, you want it around 1200 rpm or so after the choke is off. Just use a screwdriver to adjust the idle screw in or out until you get your idle where you want it. It shouldnt take any more than a 1/4 to a 1/2 a turn. Any more than that to only adjust a few thousand rpms and you might need a TPS (throttle position sensor) adjustment

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.