Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You mean the right hand side switch that has the kill switch and starting button? It has been replaced with an OEM one.
My guess is the wiring to the right switch pod is questionable. Lights not working could point to the start button. Kill switch shorting out everything... kill switch is the main power feed to pretty much everything. I'd be testing the ins and outs of that pod.
[/Qut
My guess is the wiring to the right switch pod is questionable. Lights not working could point to the start button. Kill switch shorting out everything... kill switch is the main power feed to pretty much everything. I'd be testing the ins and outs of that pod.
Hello, you mean the right hand switch that has the kill switch and starting button? I have replaced the whole switch with an OEM one.

·
Super Moderator
10,490 Posts
What is showing in the temperature window?

Try shooting some starter fluid in the throttle bodies and see if it fires a few times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced the ECM and the fuse isn’t blowing no more and the starter is turning as well, before replacing the ECM the starter wasn’t turning but now it does, however the fuel pump is still not priming, what else can I check or do? Has the fuel pump gone bad? I’ve checked it’s connectors and they seemed fine.
Check the voltage and the continuity using a multimeter to see if the fuel pump is getting power.

You would have to open up the fuel pump and check if its dirty or clogged. Most times the strainer is dirty and/or the connections have gunk on them.
Clean those connections up and replace the fuel pump and it should "prime". They have cheap fuel pump kits on Amazon that work well for $35 and they come with various parts to change most things out.

·
Mod of the North
28,883 Posts
Starter and no fuel pump could be the Tip Over Sensor out of place after you were digging around with the harness. Just something to check you likely have more going on.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts