Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I want to replace the ignition barrel on my 600 k3 race bike with a simple rocker switch. I've checked the wiring diagram and it looks like it only needs the battery lead to connect to the ecu lead as the others are lights etc. If anyone has done this I'd like your views please. Thanks Robin

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
There's a resistor in the stock switch that must be installed in an ignition bypass, this resistor tells the ECU to turn on the fuel pump. Without it, your bike wont start. Research on google.
It makes it tough for bike thieves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I know it's not the thing to tell someone how to effectively "hotwire" the bike. Just wanted to know if there was anything complicated and that has answered it. I can read a wiring diagram so I'll take it from there. Thanks again. Robin

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Why? They key works doesn't it? A rocker or toggle would actually be more likely to get bumped and turn the power off....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The barrel is only cable tied on so I suppose its to tidy it up more than anything else. I might just run it off the kill switch and do away with any other switches.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hey Robin,
I'm not adding to the good advice, I'm just here to sort of bust your chops about
'no pictures of the bike, it's been at least 5 posts?'

Have a good day :devil

·
Premium Member
8,217 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll post a few tomorrow when the beast from the east subsides. Has anyone got any ram air tubes for sale? Right hand is at the end of it's life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts