Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started watching videos of RA to learn the track, etc.

I've heard so much about it, how nice it is, how big and fast it is, etc. It's just over 4 miles / lap! That's huge!

After seeing the first few, I realize I've watched many races there on video.
Last night before going to bed, I watched the Stock 1000 class of MotoAmerica 2020 from RA!
These are well done and documented series!

Here is the 2020 Stock 1000 at Road America

** I'm going to be riding 'the carousel'! I plan to be dragging a knee most all of it too!

This track almost looks intimidating too! Shouldn't be much of a problem for my Liter Bike? LOL

Reactions: rv6john and koth442

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm already getting really excited about this TD!

About the same amount of turns as Autobahn, yet twice as far! I can't wait to see how this 'Carousel' feels!

I'm glad I swapped back to my other tires, to save these Bridgestone Battlax S21's so I can mount them again for Road America Track Day.
I'm going to arrive the evening before again and camp so that I'm there set up in the morning again.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,865 Posts
Beautiful area, lots of history with that track. Visit Siebkens if you can. Lots of famous AMA racer stories in the bar.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that place looks great Tiger!

I've been watching more MotoAmerica superbike and stock 1000 races on YouTubes.
Also watching more private onboard videos of track days.
Even at my experience of 1 TD so far, I find some of the riders caught in the videos almost comical.
Not getting off the saddle/moving inside on corners; Crossing up BIG TIME- heads on the top/outside of the bike around turns; Upright body positions- we're not talking braking into a corner- all the time!, etc.

There are great videos of some really fast riders too though. I will strive to use those lines and try to approach some of the corner speeds of these faster riders.
Even if I get remotely close to those speeds- I realize I'll still be light years for those MotoAmerica riders, etc.
I don't want to crash, that gimps me some, and I'm OK w/ that LOL.

·
Registered
35 Posts
RA is a fun track. I should be there July 12th, and Sept 20th. Check out motovid.com, they do RA and Blackhawk farms

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RA is a fun track. I should be there July 12th, and Sept 20th. Check out motovid.com, they do RA and Blackhawk farms

Thanks,
I have some friends that ride A group in MotoVid too! I may try them next season? As of now I went with STT, and signed up for my 2nd TD- 7/25 @ Road America.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plenty of season left to ride with both haha

Funny you should mention that. Just last night at a Bike night I was talking to an A rider- Sam- 5 tracked bikes- who usually only does MotoVid. He was giving me the Greek Mafia look and asked 'why don't you do motovid?' LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
Funny you should mention that. Just last night at a Bike night I was talking to an A rider- Sam- 5 tracked bikes- who usually only does MotoVid. He was giving me the Greek Mafia look and asked 'why don't you do motovid?' LOL
Hahahaha! That always seems to happen. Years ago I had a guy tell me that I should ride with stt. Asked him if he's ever ridden with Motovid, he said "no". I've ridden with stt, Midwest Track Days, and Motovid. I'm open to ride with any and every org as long as they take pride in running a safe event.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts