Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, how the fuck do i loosen the damn motor mount to install the frame sliders?? i'll get a hernia trying to use an allen wrench...geezus :2hard

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
either side....i'm supposed to remove the stock motor mount (which i dont think has a nut) and bolt on the frame sliders using the longer bolt provided with teh frame sliders.....they're a little longer than the stock bolts

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
use a breaker bar (a long pipe which will fit around the wrench/ ratchet) this will make it a whole lot easyer... assuming as fishy said there is no nut on the other side you need to put a wrench on the other end to prevent it from moving

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dammit i'll just take off the fuckin fairing, i was trying to avoid it but screw it
a breaker bar will scrape up the fairing, i barely have room for the allen wrench as it is

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Well stop being lazy and take the fairing off and use a breaker bar to make it easyer

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just take that allen wrench to an auto store and buy one that fits into a ratchet. Then, put an extension on it and if still need be, then use the breaker bar. Good luck USD. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmmm, thats a good idea too

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
usdm420 said:
ok, how the fuck do i loosen the damn motor mount to install the frame sliders?? i'll get a hernia trying to use an allen wrench...geezus :2hard
Yes you are, but thats not because you can't get the bolt loose, thats just using improper tools, you need an Allen socket, 10mm I belive, and then use a long ratchet. Thats the easy way to do it.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
right, autozone here i come

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
lshybrid195 said:
was size allen is it i might have it in the socket allen
skibum91 said:
Yes you are, but thats not because you can't get the bolt loose, thats just using improper tools, you need an Allen socket, 10mm I belive, and then use a long ratchet. Thats the easy way to do it.
:headscrat :headscrat :headscrat

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Yeah thouse ratchet ones are so much easyer..

Anways if you dun have the correct tools still bring it back we have just about any and everything

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hahahha, its cool i'll go buy it...i'd rather fork out $5 and buy it then drive 30 minutes to the OC to pick it up :thumbup: this way i have the tool from now on anyways

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Hahaha I didn't mean for you to come grab it and leave I ment if you where still having trouble or trying to install your other toys and found out you need a lot more. Different tools you could come. Besides if I gave you mine then I would have to buy a new one... Remember my garage is sponcered by craftsman thanks to fishy use to work at sears.

Are you going to hooters friday?

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah i'm thinking of going.....not QUITE sure yet, but most likely

·
Registered
217 Posts
there is a "pinch" bolt that keeps the motor mount bolt from coming loose. take the fairings off and you'll see it. loosen this bolt then remove the motor mount bolt.... they are not that tight once you see what i'm talkin about. if you just put a breakerbar on it you might strip out the head and then you'll be royally screwed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts