Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put new 520 -1+2 sprockets on. i ordered the same length chain due to its supposed to fit. however its roughly 1/4 inch to short. so i decided to put the old 525 chain on and it fits, its the same amount of links as well. is this due to the old chain being stretched? is there trick to gt the new one on? any suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I'm an idiot and bought. brand new chIn t go with the sprockets and threw the damn reciept away.. I thought ucouod add links. I called around every dealer said no they can't all they have is the connector link.. well I have that.. I need an extra link put in. anyone know if this is possible?

·
Registered
916 Posts
how far back is your wheel set too? is your rear wheel all the way back to work with the old chain? if so slide it all the way forword to work with the new one.

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
When you lay the new and the old chain side by side, is the old one ACTUALLY stretched or is the new one shorter by a link, even though they said it was the same link count?

Also have you confirmed absolutely that the new sprockets are 520? Are they stamped as such?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i am 100 % positive its 520 sprockets. and iots a 110 link chain im just completely stumped it makes no sence :headscrat. spo i just said ef it and took the chain back and oredered a 112 link chain thayll fix the problem ha :arsenal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts