Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a suzuki gsxr k7 600. which the immobiliser light is on even when the ignition is on. the bike does start but lacks in power any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
Immobilizer

It sounds like you might be in fail-safe mode. Have you tried dealer mode and, if so, are there any codes?

Does the immobilizer indicator light flash when you first turn the key on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Immobilizer

It sounds like you might be in fail-safe mode. Have you tried dealer mode and, if so, are there any codes?

Does the immobilizer indicator light flash when you first turn the key on?
I have tired dealer mode it's just giving me fault c28 and c29. No it just stay on with key in or out I dims slightly with the ignition on

·
Registered
300 Posts
You need to sort out the C28/C29 errors. The manual indicates that they will put you into a minimum performance fail-safe mode. It's possible that the immobilizer light is an indicator of that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need to sort out the C28/C29 errors. The manual indicates that they will put you into a minimum performance fail-safe mode. It's possible that the immobilizer light is an indicator of that.
Great thanks for you help I will fix that. Will I need to clear the fault or will it do it it's safe thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
The code should go away when the fault is fixed, possibly after you turn the bike off and back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts