Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to disable the immobilizer on a gen 2 Hyabusa engine. I have just purchased one to put in my DSR (sports racer) and I am in the process of modifying the wire harness and I have run up on this issue. I read a post where someone got hazed for asking the same question and understandably so. I'm not asking HOW to do it.

·
Super Moderator
10,285 Posts
Is it possible to disable the immobilizer on a gen 2 Hyabusa engine. I have just purchased one to put in my DSR (sports racer) and I am in the process of modifying the wire harness and I have run up on this issue. I read a post where someone got hazed for asking the same question and understandably so. I'm not asking HOW to do it.
If you have a U.S. spec bike, there is no immobilizer but there is a resistor built into the ignition switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thank you for the info. I don't actually have the bike, I just bought the engine off of e bay and going through the wiring diagram it shows an immobilizer. Thanks again.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Make sure your wiring diagram is for an E3, E33, or E28 model. E2, E19, and E24 will be for immobilizer models and the wiring will have differences. Note that the immobilizer involves the ignition switch, wiring, ECM, and, to a minor degree, the cluster.

·
Registered
596 Posts
If you have any doubts, you could just pony up the $ for a woodcraft keyswitch/ignition bypass harness..

·
Registered
741 Posts
^I'm unaware of the specifics of the Woodcraft part but I'd be surprised if if worked on an immobilizer model - if that's what the OP really has.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Good luck brother.
When you get it running, post up a video for us! There have been some really nice cars w/ Suzy engines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts